hf1

Teething soreness??

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Teething soreness??

Postby tanya » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:24 pm

Bella's lady bits are bright red, blistered and really painful. I don't think it is thrush related as there are no spots and it's come up soooo quickly. Her bum is fine, and it doesn't seem to be poop that is making her sore, just wee. She is drinking at least two, sometimes three, baby cups of water a day.

I am plastering her in Metanium each change and putting some barrier cream (Kamilosan barrier) on top. It's not making the redness go away, but it's not getting any worse.

Could it be teething? And, generally, how long between getting this bad soreness and the tooth popping through?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Teething soreness??

Postby Annette » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:16 pm

Could very well be teething as it has come on quickly, charlotte often got sore before teeth but tbh I can't remember how long it would last, not long as I remember if it is teething.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:25 pm

Katie has been a bit red over the last couple of days and she has another tooth coming. I'm using fitteds without a wrap as much as possible and if we go out I am using wool so it's a bit more breathable. She's gone to bed in a bedbug with chamomile tea soaked fleece liner. Last time she was sore due to teething it only lasted a few days before the tooth came through. Hope little Bellas bottom is better soon. >:D<

My avatar
bubbaloo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby bubbaloo » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:01 pm

I have the same problem with teething... I use lots of wool wraps where I can and change mega frequently. Metanium every now and then for it to settle before the next flare up.
HTH >:D<

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:04 pm

She still has very sore lady bits and no teeth :(

I've told DH that if there still isn't any improvement by Monday to take her to the docs.

We've been using metanium and barrier cream on it, and it will get better for a little while, then she pees or poos and it gets nasty again.

Beginning to wonder if it could actually be thrush as its just not going away :(

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:50 am

Have you tried calamine aqueous cream?

Isabelle has been getting a bit sore as nursery don't make sure she wipes properly everytime she goes to the potty - and a generous dose of that at night really seems to calm it down, it's quite cheap and most chemists will do it, and it's just aqueous cream with calamine in it - beats mucking about with the lotion which is quite drying...

Personally I'm not a fan of barrier creams as they always made Isabelle's skin worse - but I know they work for some :)
Plus a lot of barrier creams are zinc oxide based which some babies can be allergic to... :roll:

I agree though that if it's been there a week and isn't showing any signs of improvement it's worth a trip to the docs...

Return to Nappy Rash