hf1

Fleece liners, which way up?!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Fleece liners, which way up?!

Postby Slebro » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Which way round should fleece liners go? :-? Fluffier side up or smoother side up? I've used them in ds nappies since we started (to keep stains down) and used to just throw them in the machine without doing anything, but now he is weaning I thought I should be able to kind of flick the poo off? :puke: That's not happening, it's all getting a bit messy and I wondered if there's a right way and a wrong way iykwim...
Thanks!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Fleece liners, which way up?!

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:39 pm

I put them fluffier side up, and if the poop doesnt flick off then hold in the flush of the loo and dunk in the baisen a few times and that will normally do it :wink:

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Thanks! Had been putting smoother side up, will give that a go next time I get a little present :lol:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:45 pm

I don't think it really matters TBH. TMI but my DD never produced solid poops so I just used to use the shower to rinse the nappy into a bucket and then tipped the dirty water down the toilet.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:07 pm

I've got a separate toilet so no shower head available. I just flush and rub the poop off under the flush. Amazing how having children hardens your tummy the though of putting my hand down a toilet with out rubber gloves would have made me feel I'll before babies.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:02 pm

KimmyM wrote:I've got a separate toilet so no shower head available. I just flush and rub the poop off under the flush. Amazing how having children hardens your tummy the though of putting my hand down a toilet with out rubber gloves would have made me feel I'll before babies.

Absolutely! Have been doing that without really thinking about it... Wouldn't do it for me or dh amazing the things we'll do.

Glad it's not just ds whose poo is a bit...sticky....! :roll:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:15 pm

The shower doesn't need to be in the same room as the toilet. :wink: I rinsed the nappy into an empty bucket over the bath and then carried it to the toilet to be emptied. You also used to be able to get something called a nappy sprayer that you attached to the toilet to rinse off dirty nappies.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Louise wrote:The shower doesn't need to be in the same room as the toilet. :wink: I rinsed the nappy into an empty bucket over the bath and then carried it to the toilet to be emptied. You also used to be able to get something called a nappy sprayer that you attached to the toilet to rinse off dirty nappies.

saw one on Amazon I think it was - seemed a bit pricey but wondered if they work? Have managed to melt the fuse for the shower in the past .... ooooops :doh: ... and have to try hard to not do it again, and make sure I don't end up turning on the shower before pulling the switch! A toilet attached nappy sprayer thing could be the answer!! Alternatively I may get a really cheap shower attachment as my bath is right next to the loo :lol:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:35 pm

I don't pay attention to which way up i put my liners,just put them and never had any problems.

Return to Nappy Rash