hf1

Dry blistered skin

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Dry blistered skin

Postby mudita » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:09 am

Sudocreme is very drying. Have you tried cjs butter? It is excellent on ds1 excema on his legs where his trousers rub.

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks for your replies. I think I might borrow some disposables from a friend (as there's no way I want to buy a WHOLE PACK!!!) to put him in at night to see if that improves the problem.

The fleece liners I use are homemade - I bought a huge piece of fleece and cut it up so they are quite big and some of them do overlap the nappy. Maybe I should try boosting his nappy a bit more as it is sometimes drenched in the morning - could that be the reason??

Rebecca x

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:42 pm

I don't know if lack of boosting is the reason but it makes sense... I would try boosting outside of the nappy between the nappy and the wrap. I would also change to lanolised wool shorts instead of fleece wraps. Aswell as wool being more breathable and natural, the lanolin may also help moisturise and protect your LO's skin.

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:47 pm

We had been having a similar problem and the only thing that really helped was lying fleece liners across the nappy so that it pokes out of the leg holes and stops the nappy rubbing. I have to change the nappy every 2 hrs as well. We also changed to wool covers which helped as well. Hope you get it sorted, it's horrible to see your LO with sore legs :( :hug:

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash