Konjac noodles?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Konjac noodles?

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:15 am

Has anyone tried them? They are zero carb and practically no fat. I found a pack cheap in Action and decided to try them and they were fantastic, I did a stirfry thing and had that with my steak. However this morning my tummy was a bit dodgy and I looked up and it said it can do that. I just wondered if any of you have tried them? @Louise @littlesez and if you had any reaction to them. I want to go and buy a whole heap more as they were such good value but not if I have the same result the morning after :giggle: :lookround: :oops:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Konjac noodles?

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:31 am

Just had a bit more of a read online and it recommends starting with small amounts and building up - oops I had it as my main part of my meal :giggle: maybe half a pack next time!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Might help with weight loss though @clothmama !!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:12 pm

ems101 wrote:Might help with weight loss though @clothmama !!

Yes quite :giggle: :giggle: ! I should have weighed myself after!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:24 am

I've never heard of them. What are they made from ? Wheat gives me belly ache so I'm quite used to not eating bread or pasta. I've not looked for an alternative I just live off veg, fat and protein with some rice and spuds

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:33 am

They are basically made from the root of an asian plant @littlesez - might be worth a try for you :widesmile: just dont' eat a lot at first sitting or stay close to the toilet the next morning :hohoho: :hohoho:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirataki_noodles

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 pm

I've tried them. It also helps if you rinse them REALLY thoroughly in cold water before cooking them. I think the 'effect' is down to the high fibre content....

Return to Healthy Eating