hf1

Colourful & cheap

My avatar
Nappy_Addict
Clothie
Clothie

Colourful & cheap

Postby Nappy_Addict » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Feeling quite proud of myself as I wanted to start using cloth wipes but didn't want to spend loads. I bought some fleece to make some nappy liners & a bit extra to make wipes. I had some new microfibre cloths that we buy wholesale (as other half uses for work) & cut into four. Then stitched the fleece & m/fibre together & turned right way out. At the moment I have 4 20x20cm cloths which I dampen the m/fibre side with water & drop of lavender oil & pop in bag for face etc. think they need to be smaller for bum wipes. They work a treat as the fleece is good for drying off. Does anyone else have winning combinations that would be good for bottoms.

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Colourful & cheap

Postby emmavmorgan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:38 pm

When my ds got to big for his small Terry's I cut those up backed them with fleece and they are still in use daily (ds is 7 now!) as face wipes :)

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:41 pm

I used to use cheap face cloths one side (for poop!) & fleece the other side for wee. Now I use bamboo terry & minkee because it is soooo soft.

I just leave mine dry in a tub in the kitchen and wet a few as I need them. Nothing fancy here unless ds has a sore bottom so just water :D

My avatar
Nappy_Addict
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Nappy_Addict » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks Shaunie & emmavmorgan I'm going to use some new flannels cut up backed with fleece, but going to try some with minky too. Can you buy bamboo terry off a roll?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:56 pm

I think I bought mine in the classifieds on here. You could try Lush Tush or Nappies by Minky and the like for things :D

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Tue May 12, 2015 11:41 pm

I use our old Tots Bots fleece nappy liners as soft wipes for faces and bottoms. Our old bamboo terries are now hand towels.

Return to Washable Wipes