anyone used cheeky wipes?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: anyone used cheeky wipes?

Postby littlesez » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:48 pm

I liked them for newborn but now i find they are a bit small and fiddly, I prefer big flannels then i only need to use 1. Nice to buy someone for a gift, i really appreciated them instead of usual baby stuff :)

My avatar
Sarah-P
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Sarah-P » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:24 pm

I love my cheeky wipes.
I got the full kit though with a pack of extra wipes as I have nappy changing areas in both the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms, so use the "dirty" snap lock container as a "clean" wipes box too. Dirty wipes go in with the nappies.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Did you go with the standard wipes or the bamboo?

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Oh, and hi taff :idea: !

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:39 pm

I find them too small. I had the whole kit but only seem to be able to find about 5 now. IMO the kit was a waste of money as I didn't use the boxes or wipes bag. I just buy the cheap flannels from asda/tesco and use 1 of those wet and 1 dry per nappy change. The dry one then gets wetted at the next change and used etc.

My avatar
Freyarose
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Freyarose » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:50 am

I have these and love them, i do use the clean and dirty boxes as im not fully cloth nappy using.. (Shes 2years old so cant warrent spending excessive amounts on cloth when we virtually potty training ) i use the full kit cos my wipes get used for everything, faces, sticky fingers, sticky marks on furniture etc, the ones i use for bum changes do go in with the nappie, and the others go in the mucky tub if that makes sense...

Have just ordered another refil packs of the wipes and been looking at the bamboo ones too and i admit im tempted!!

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:19 pm

We've got 2 complete sets! :giggle:
As I dry pail the nappies, I find the dirty box invaluable for soaking the wipes until I'm ready to wash them. But then I also found that sometimes I didn't have a nappy wash ready to go when I wanted to wash the wipes... :roll:
So we bought another set & rotate them. When one lot is in the wash, I air those boxes and use the second set. I guess I could have just bought another pack of the wipes or something, but hey at 5 weeks in with my first and with the demanding MIL staying with us, this was all my baby brain could think of doing :|

My avatar
MummaBetts
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MummaBetts » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:29 pm

I bought some and whilst I do think they clean bum amazingly- I've never used more than 2 for even a messy poo- no matter what I do, they always go stale smelling too quickly in the box or bag. I've started keeping them dry and using a squirty bottle of water with a teeny bit of oilatum in it but it's not as convenient

My avatar
Lola
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Lola » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:22 pm

I ordered the whole kit with bamboo wipes and love them. I haven't used other cheeky wipes so I don't know what the difference is... I used to wash the wipes with the bag "closed" and started to get annoyed that the wipes didn't come clean until I realised that the strings are supposed the be left loose!! We dry pail nappies and have so many of them that the nappy bucket is full and dirty wipes go to their mucky box.

PreviousNext

Return to Washable Wipes