How many wipes do I need?

My avatar
kwebster
Clothie
Clothie

How many wipes do I need?

Postby kwebster » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi there,

I'm trying to get prepared for baby#1, and wondered how many washable wipes you would recommend I need? I'm sure I read 40 somewhere else, but that seems an awful lot?!

Katy

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: How many wipes do I need?

Postby ramsons » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:49 pm

I think when I cleared out my tiny baby ones I had 70 odd. Of the larger ones I made for the growing bum we now have about 40-50. It depends how often you wash and how many wipes you use each time. We seemed to use four wipes per poo.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Moo is 19 months and we have ordered about 50, but that's manily because LLS wipes are so gorgeous.

My avatar
Freyarose
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Freyarose » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 pm

I have tons but i have two toddlers and we use them for everything, even thou my 3 year old is toilet trained we still use them on him (just obviously not throwing down the toilet etc) but they clean faces, dolly, sticky hands, cleaning bodies when its not bathnight,
I have about 100 cheeky wipes which is my main stash, and then lots of wahm mummy made fleece type ones.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:32 pm

i have tons some homemade and some shop bought i love them so i went over bored i have face ones and bum ones as well

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:23 pm

it just depends on how often you want to wash them... we've managed with about 30specific 'bottom wipes' & an every other day wash.
but we do have 30+ cheap flannels for faces/hands/general baaby mopping up

to be honest.... get as many as you can afford.
ive found the fleece backed terry ones best for little bottome (soft side if just a wet nappy, or bum is sore, but the terry side gets off the 'sticky' stuff!)

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:02 pm

We probably have more than 40, although I have never counted. We have coloured ones for face and hands, and white/undyed ones for bottom. We have larger bottom ones to put under her when she has no nappy on (on the changing mat), and use smaller ones for wiping. The bigger one is there because otherwise she creates a puddle which soaks into her clothes, this way it just soaks into the wipe and goes straight in the nappy bin, which saves a change of clothes.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:59 pm

We use about 20 every 3 days, you'll need more for the first few weeks though as the LO will poo at almost every nappy change so you'll probably get through at least 2-3 wipes per change, so a min of 20 per day

My avatar
emuk00
Clothie
Clothie

Postby emuk00 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 pm

I have about 150 wipes for 2 children

100 of these are cheeky wipes, others are terry towel wipes, egyptian cotton, fleece etc, and I have cut up a fleece blanket for their face

Next

Return to Washable Wipes