hf1

Wipe solution

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Wipe solution

Postby jennyclaire » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:28 pm

what's the best wipe solution? I've heard of adding a couple of drops of tea tree oil or lavendar oil to water?

My avatar
Karanj56
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Wipe solution

Postby Karanj56 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:05 pm

I used to use a cup of chamomile tea with a few drops of Olive oil and a couple of drops of the cheeky wipes fresh oil.

I then switched to a foaming bottle and used water with a bit of Top to Toe wash and a drop of cheeky wipe fresh oil.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:50 am

You can't just add essential oil to water. You need a bit of carrier oil for the essential oils. You also need to be careful with the amount of essential oil you use as babies are sensitive to the strenght of essential oil.

I use the pampers wipes box (that big one that holds 2 packets) as my wipes solution box. I fill it with water. To that I add a small glug of olive oil that has 2 drops of lavender in it.

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:29 am

monsterm wrote:You can't just add essential oil to water. You need a bit of carrier oil for the essential oils. You also need to be careful with the amount of essential oil you use as babies are sensitive to the strenght of essential oil.

I use the pampers wipes box (that big one that holds 2 packets) as my wipes solution box. I fill it with water. To that I add a small glug of olive oil that has 2 drops of lavender in it.

is the olive oil the carrier oil then?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 pm

yup. You can use any oil that you would find in the kitchen (as long as it's good quality) such as olive, sunflower, almond oil etc. The lighter the oil the better but olive works fine. You could use baby oil as well but commericial baby oils are full of chemicals so make sure to choose a natural baby oil.

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:25 pm

monsterm wrote:yup. You can use any oil that you would find in the kitchen (as long as it's good quality) such as olive, sunflower, almond oil etc. The lighter the oil the better but olive works fine. You could use baby oil as well but commericial baby oils are full of chemicals so make sure to choose a natural baby oil.

excellent thank you :)

Return to Washable Wipes