hf1

Lifespan of washable wipes

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Lifespan of washable wipes

Postby Bluebell » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:58 pm

We've been using some of ours for over a year now, they're fleece and terry, nothing fancy, just the 'value' ones from Babykind. We tend to use the soft fleecey side most of the time, and only the terry side if anything gets stuck on DDs botty! :giggle: Some of the stitching is starting to come undone on a couple of them, but nothing that is really causing a problem at the moment... I could actually stitch them back together, I just haven't bothered. I imagine we still have another year or so's use out of them.

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:32 pm

I had some basic terry knit overlocked wipes (double layered) from Little Chicks (WAHM from years ago when DD was little). They were used for over 2 years with DD then kept and used many years later with DS2 for over 2 years. There were only one or two that were starting to go a tiny bit holey when I had finished with them. :shock:

They were used all the time so had a hard life but still lasted years and years. :wine:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:44 pm

I have had some of my WN ones for 3.5 years now and they are still great. Once they are wet they soon soften up anyways.

I have a mix of weenotions, holdens landing plus a few random ones.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:28 am

We still use all of our wipes, for various uses around the house (no-one in nappies here anymore). Some of them are 8yrs old and those get used as hankies!

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:38 am

I have had my cheeky wipes for 2 years now and they are pretty hard when they are dry but as a pp said they soon soften up when they are wet. It never even occured to me that they had a shelf life, i'm sure I will use the same set on the next baby too!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:15 am

I've had my Cheeky Wipes for 20 months now, but in the last couple of months they have started to wear thin and get holes in them. I was hoping they'd last another baby too, so I'm a bit disappointed with them.

My avatar
holmes2974
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby holmes2974 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 am

I'd never even thought about replacing them. I've been using mine for over 3 years, and they're still fine. They do feel rough when dry, but are fine when wet, and to be honest if they're too soft I find they're not much good at getting sticky poo off :giggle:

My avatar
Mollybob
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mollybob » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:00 am

We've had the basic fleece/terry wipes from Babykind for around 3.5 years and they're still going strong. We have very hard water here, but as others have said, they soften up as soon as they're wet and I actually find them a lot more effective than a few softer types I have tried :D

Previous

Return to Washable Wipes