hf1

Which washable wipes?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Which washable wipes?

Postby Hannahboo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:27 pm

So we have finally got enough nappies to go full time :yahoo: but now want to start using washable wipes too! Problem is I don't know which ones to go for! Did make some of my own yesterday out of some flannels and a hand towel but even after being zigzag stitched around the edges they are fraying and Darcy's bum is all fluffy by the end of the nappy change :giggle:

Have looked at cheeky wipes, but also some WAHM ones but just can't decide what to do. Think I definitely want terry on one side but would be quite nice to have BV or something else nice and soft on the other if I did go for WAHM ones!

Help, I am sooo indecisive :x

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Which washable wipes?

Postby knees_on » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:53 pm

I prefer BV on one side and bamboo fleece on the other side. Still seems to pick up enough of the bits but nice and soft. I've not really tried any other WAHM ones so can't comment I'm afraid.

BTW I think after you've washed your own a couple of times they will stop fraying :D

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:20 pm

We like Looby Lu's, the 'value' ones from Babykind and Nappies by Minki wipes, although when I looked on their website the other day, I couldn't find any wipes. Our Looby Lu's are a little smaller than the Babykind 'value' ones, so when we need some more I'd probably ask Lucy to make some bigger for us :wink:

I've never tried Cheeky Wipes, they seem expensive and we just store the wipes dry and use water in a spray bottle so not really bothered about the wipe solution/plastic boxes that come with the Cheeky Wipes kit.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks for your replies, shall have a look around and see what I find!

I too thought the cheeky wipes set was expensive so will give it a miss for now, especially as I bought a clip top box and a spray bottle yesterday and have loads of essential oils for making up solutions etc...

My avatar
mrsspoony
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mrsspoony » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:14 pm

I use cheeky wipes but agree that they can be quite expensive. I think they're better for someone starting out with cloth. We bought some VHC wipes from Rosie Boo's nappies they were 5 for £4, minky one side cotton the other, they work very well for solids too! HTHs x

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:21 pm

We just use plain water in our spray bottle, but I think lavender oil is a nice one for babies, or some of the Burts Bees baby oil, or you can use camomile (from a teabag). Some people like a squirt of baby wash too :wink:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:36 pm

I made up the spray bottle with water, a tiny bit of baby wash and a little sweet almond oil :D

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:05 pm

We've got the Cheeky Wipes set - we bought it very early on, way before we started using cloth nappies and didn't really have a clue what we were doing. So for that the Cheeky Wipes set is fantastic, as it contains pretty much everything you need.
We've also got a couple of sets of the Lil Gumnut/Puddlekins washable wipes that are BV on one side and terry on the other. Tend to use these for face & hand wipes as Erin seems to like the feel of the BV more on her face :mrgreen:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:35 pm

We just use plain white flannels from asda/tesco/ikea. We had a cheeky wipes set but I found them too small and havemanaged to lose most of them!

Next

Return to Washable Wipes