hf1

Wipe Concentrate

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Wipe Concentrate

Postby scarlet » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:28 am

I have some wipe concentrate and need to make it up.
From what I gather I need to mix about 5mls of the concentrate with distilled water. But when I have looked into distilled water I have found to get distilled water you need to
Boil it and then condense the steam on a cold surface and collect the water that runs off. That is distilled water.
:shock:
How do you guys make up your concentrate into wipe solution? :wine:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Wipe Concentrate

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 am

Using boiled water is fine. In the past i have just used hot tap water to make up wipe solutions, and it's not gone off quickly. Perhaps the person who put "distilled" on the instructions was not aware of the meaning of the word!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:27 am

I looked into this at length when I 1st got my concentrate solution, but I couldn't find any to buy & certainly don't have the time or equipment to make it. I've always just used cooled boiled water & never had any problems.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:35 am

i just use boiled water. who are the manufactorers of the solution? wonder if it would be worth emailing them? x

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:40 pm

I think you can buy distilled water in the pharmacy :wink:

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:38 pm

I Just had a look on google for instructions and found some here http://littlediamondbums.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=63
The solution is from Ewe Need it but their site is closed at the mo , as was going to have a look on their for how to make it up. Thanks ladies. :hug:

Return to Washable Wipes