11%

Total votes : 37
My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

PP 4: Washables wipes

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 am

So you have a cloth stash, but does it run to washable wipes too?

Which washable wipes do you use? Made your own? What fabric did you choose?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: PP 4: Washables wipes

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:08 am

I'm a massive fan of washable wipes! I had a real mix of home-made, bought, fleece, bamboo, cotton etc. Disposable wipes hurt (trust me I've used them once when ran out of toilet paper and ow ow ow!). We are now over 2 years out from Louis finishing with night nappies and 3 out of day nappies and we are still using the wipes! Louis loves the plain single thickness fleece ones as tissues / hankies as he finds them so soft on his nose when he has a cold. I can't imagine the money that my little stash of them has saved me over the years not to mention the kindness to Louis bum while he was in nappies. He only ever got a rash on the odd occasion that we used dispo ones!

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:18 am

We used them when DD was in cloth :)
We had grovia wipes which were a good size and soft enough for delicate bits and good for poo removal ;)
We just used to wet them and store in an air tight box til they were needed, we had a waterproof wipes bag for out and about!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:24 am

I used to make up my fave mix of camomile tea, olive oil and a drop or two of lavender, put it in a plastic box and put in wipes for a couple of days! My mum came to France for the first 6 months of Louis life and when she came back to Oz she first found work as a nanny to a high flying business lady with a tiny baby. Poor baba had really bad nappy rash / sore bits and mum asked her if she could try my mix and the little darling had a sore / pain free bum within a couple of days, apparently for the first time since she was born! :love:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:17 am

We have a mix of Wee Notions and Nappies by Minki wipes. My favourite ones are just simple cotton jersey both sides. Not so keen on the fleece ones, as I find them a bit useless TBH.

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:18 am

Mostly Cheeky Wipes here but did make some fleece ones from an old blanket, perfect for a "just wet" change. I have the cotton ones for nappy changes and bamboo for hands and face and love them. Never mind the fact that my hands couldn't cope with disposable wipes my LO constantly got nappy rash.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:38 am

I have a mixture of wipes that I mainly got free (with every custom nappy order I got sent free wipes) but I do have some Little Gumnut and Wee Notions ones too. My favourite are BV or minkee one side and terry the other. I don't bother with a special solution, just use plain water. I do have a foaming wipes solution bottle in the nappy bag that I sometimes use when we are out and about though.

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:43 am

yes love them. have a mixture of nappies by minky ones and wn. x

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:53 am

I did use washable wipes when Dot was newborn, but she got terrible nappy rash. Now I use bambino mio flushable wipes, which makes poo changes a lot nicer 'cos you can just flush the wipes away with the poop!

Next

Return to Games, fun threads and quizzes