hf1

How to strip bamboo nappies?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How to strip bamboo nappies?

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:19 am

I just used a full dose of bio powder or sofa crystals. No white vinegar! It damages the elastic. New machines are actually worse for rinsing as they are more efficient so use less water.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 am

ems101 wrote:Tbh i have been using the nappies i washed in conditioner anyway and they dint seem to be too affected. Maybe because ds is not such a heavy wetter? Ill Di an extra rinse anywAy, i did put a bit of extra powder in so hopefully it will work. My machine is quite new so it does a good rinse anywAy.

Thanks for help x

That's good they don't seem too bad! A few more washes should sort them then :)

My avatar
bealos
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bealos » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:23 pm

How does vinegar ruin the elastic exactly? Interested to know as I've been putting white vinegar into my washes, but won't if it's going to ruin the wraps!

My avatar
mollycoddles
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mollycoddles » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:39 pm

I washed my first nappy in softner because I was oblivious... had no issues using it afterwards... I've just continued to wash without conditioner since then... now I can't even tell which was the first nappy I bought and which ones I bought after that.
Re the white vinegar - never tried it... but would be interested to know - if it really doesn't harm the PUL I'd love to give it a go!

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies