Aaaargh, now I am totally confused :(
:-? :-? :-?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Nappy Sanitisers

Postby ladybird » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Sorry :( I would just say find a friendlier one, One Life or Bio D for example, over Napisan. I really don't think they're necessary though. Hospitals wash their laundry at 60c and that's enough for them, so it should be enough for your nappies without sanitiser. A lot of people don't even do that, they're happy to wash at 40c. It is trial and error - finding what works best for you though. Don't be confused, just have a play with it all :hug:

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:02 pm

I think TBH the only reason we were going with napisan is because it was the only one we have seen in stores and heard of more often!!! :giggle:
I did think if a 60 wash gets them clean then surely theres no real need for the sanitisers, so I think we're just going to have to give everything a go before making our decision! :)
It's all very confusing with being new to cloth nappies, but I am slowly getting there, and it's super exciting and everything is waaaaay cuter than when we were buying disposables!!!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:20 pm

I would say have a look at the ingredients of them and then decide whether you are happy to use them. I would suggest you just use washing powder then it's one less thing to worry about x

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Just to totally be confusing I do all of the above depending on day how I'm feeling when the moon is ... No but seriously I generally wash at 60 with bold or fairy but occasionally I will wash at 40 with bio D

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:23 pm

KimmyM wrote:Just to totally be confusing I do all of the above depending on day how I'm feeling when the moon is ... No but seriously I generally wash at 60 with bold or fairy but occasionally I will wash at 40 with bio D

This made me chuckle :giggle:
I am thinking for now to just stick with washing with regular detergent and then if we feel we need to maybe add in some sanitiser/nappy detergent. Think we're just going to wing it and see how it goes!!! :giggle:

My avatar
Chunkychels
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Chunkychels » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Use a couple of drops of tee tree oil in your wash

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:17 am

Chunkychels wrote:Use a couple of drops of tee tree oil in your wash

This is what I did too, in the fabric softener section I put a dash (that is a technical carefully checked measurement :lol: ) and a few drops (4 I think I used) of tea tree and or lavender essential oil, both of which are natural antibacterials :D

My avatar
amba
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby amba » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:33 am

Well I was going to buy some nappy soak, purely because they were £1 in mothercare. I know that I won't need it tho, I just loved the bargain :hohoho:

I'm still tempted lol

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies