Sainsbury's Bio Powder?

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Sainsbury's Bio Powder?

Postby Juli » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I just got a box of Sainsbury's bio powder, but when I got home I noticed that it says on it in very small letters on the side "biological powder with fabric conditioner" . Is this going to be a problem for washing nappies? Has anybody used it on nappies and found that it affected absorbency?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Sainsbury's Bio Powder?

Postby monsterm » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Can't find any info on it but chances are it is no good for the nappies. The reason bold 2 in 1 is ok is because the fabric softener is clay based & there aren't many softeners that are clay based

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:12 pm

There is nothing in the ingredients list that looks like a fabric softener, so I can't even check what sort it is. Strangely, it only says that on the powder for whites, not the one for coloureds, even though everything else seems to be identical (apart from the bleaching/optical brightening agents obviously). Maybe I'll contact them and ask them. Who knows, it could be a misprint on the box, because it only says it in one place on the side of the box.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:30 pm

I had a look on my box and couldnt find it. I dont think its effected the absorbancy of our nappies...

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:08 pm

ems101 wrote:I had a look on my box and couldnt find it. I dont think its effected the absorbancy of our nappies...

What size have you got? Mine is the 800g (10 standard washes) size, and it says it on the side just under where you open it. Your comment is making me think that it's probably a misprint. I have sent them an email to ask. I'll let you know when they get back to me.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Apparently it is a misprint. It doesn't contain fabric softener.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Checked mine again, it does have it on! Glad it's a miss print though

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies