Help please!

My avatar
milamummy
Clothie
Clothie

Help please!

Postby milamummy » Wed May 23, 2012 10:44 am

Hi all :wave:
I just moved from using soapnuts to bio powder as the soapnuts just weren't doing the job on my toddler's nappies. I read a few of the threads on here and saw that any bio would do as long as I rinsed well. I live in Holland so don't get bold and not sure if the ariel and persil available here are the same as in the uk so just picked up a box of Dash (don't know if any of you have heard of it) and can't get it to rinse out of my nappies! I live in a hard water area so use about half the recommended dose and after 5 rinses I'm still seeing bubbles. Will the powder still be effective if I use 1/3 the amount instead or is there something that can be added to the rinse cyle to help the powder rinse out better? I saw some mention of soda crystals but not sure if its the same as I can get here and don't want to ruin my nappies :-? I use a mixture of bambino mio prefolds, issey bears, BG and ebay cheapies if that will help.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Help please!

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 am

Are you sure it is soap bubbles, or are they agitation bubbles ??

My avatar
milamummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby milamummy » Wed May 23, 2012 11:26 am

definitely soap bubbles as I wait till the machine stops turning then check and there's a layer of bubbles still on the surface.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed May 23, 2012 11:48 am

I would think that 5 rinses is plenty! There are always bubbles in my rinses and I only ever rinse twice. Its never affected the performance of my nappies.

My avatar
milamummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby milamummy » Wed May 23, 2012 2:56 pm

I guess I'll find out tonight :)

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed May 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Louise wrote:I would think that 5 rinses is plenty! There are always bubbles in my rinses and I only ever rinse twice. Its never affected the performance of my nappies.

This you can use less though I use about 70ml and mine come up fine sometimes it's a trial and error to see what works for you and your machine. Once month or so I wash mine with nothing to get any build up out but Two rince's after a cycle and out they go bubbles or not

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies