hf1

Spin speed?

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Spin speed?

Postby aimeet » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:58 am

After my ittis falling apart, a couple of other things have started to go. Annoyed but now can only think its my machine :( can't afford a new one and this one is only a couple of years old and a Zanussi so not cheap. What spin speed do you wash nappies on? I don't tumble so they are done on 1200. Should I try washing at 40 and a sloer spin? Or am I doomed to never have the possibility to sell on :(

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Spin speed?

Postby Rox » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:13 am

Im baffled, its the fabric isnt it, not the elastics? Is there something in the wash catching on them? Do you have velcro nappies, could they be catching? Do you detach all boosters, inserts etc before putting into the wash so they dont pull on the fabrics?

I did all of mine at 60 wash and 1600 spin and never any problems. I don't tumble either, just dry on the maiden.

ETA: assuming this is ONLY happening on a nappy wash, your regular clothes etc arent getting damaged? In which case it has to be something in the nappy load or maybe even her pee that is causing it, not the machine.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:24 am

This is happening to mine as well. I have come to the conclusion that stinks pee is corrosive lol. We have replaced our stash with cheep pockets now as I was sickened when all my pretties went bald :cry:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 am

I spin everything on 1200 so I don't think its that.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:40 am

I spin on 1600 all the time with no problems

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:13 pm

I spin at 1400 or 1600 too with no problems xx

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm the same - spin as fast as I can (1400) to get as much of the water out as I can, and I haven't noticed this doing any damage at all to the nappies.

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:15 pm

We double spin at 1400 so don't think it's the spin speed :-?

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies