hf1

What size of bucket for two kids?

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What size of bucket for two kids?

Postby usinukveg » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi all, impending arrival of #2 and I've only just realised that the tiny mio bucket that I got off freecycle isn't going to do the trick. Looking on amazon hasn't been brilliant as the specifications are in litres, not number of children :hohoho: what size do you use for two kiddies? We keep our bucket outside (I'm super sensitive to odours) so a massive wetbag won't work for us.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What size of bucket for two kids?

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:38 pm

I'd get a lidded kitchen bin/toy bin rather than a nappy bucket as none of them are very big so will only hold 10-15ish nappies at the most. We had a plastic toy bucket from Wilkinsons, was about £2.99.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:08 pm

I've got a lidded bin like a step on to open it bin, and its great at holding in smells.

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:02 pm

Man! I wish wilkinson's still had that bucket for 2.99! Everything I've seen is significantly more expensive. Oh well.
The pedal bin is great idea, especially as it could be used as a normal bin afterwards...hmmm.. Do you have any idea how many litres your buckets are? I saw one that was 25 and was thinking that sounded right?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm

usinukveg wrote:Man! I wish wilkinson's still had that bucket for 2.99! Everything I've seen is significantly more expensive. Oh well.
The pedal bin is great idea, especially as it could be used as a normal bin afterwards...hmmm.. Do you have any idea how many litres your buckets are? I saw one that was 25 and was thinking that sounded right?

Mine is about 20 or so I think. Its just higher than knee high and probably just wider than a side plate. Thats why I chose a regular bin, it doens't look out of place in her room, and can be used again. Although I have had to put a sign on it for my cleaners who threw the contents out :twisted:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:39 pm

20-25l should be fine.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Just thinking though, I can on;y get 2 1/2 days worth in there, so unless your planning on washing every day you might need two.

I used to have 2 of those mothercare buckets (the white ones with the lid) and could wash every day and a half.

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies