hf1

How to strip bamboo nappies?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

How to strip bamboo nappies?

Postby ems101 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 pm

From my washing nappies with conditioner post...

I washed easyfits and bamboo fitteds.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: How to strip bamboo nappies?

Postby ems101 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Thought this was where the nappy experts hung out?!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:26 pm

There are a couple of stickies here

HTH!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:09 am

Yes I've seen those, but just wanted opinions of prefer ways of stripping. My sleep deprived brain needs a simple option!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:51 am

Ah. I use(d) soda crystals and lots if rinsing.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:38 am

I just did it with a full dose of bio powder and then masses of rinses til clear with white vinegar in the final rinse. Very simple and always worked for me :)

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:21 am

How much vinegar do you put in? Do you put it in the conditioner drawer?

I usually do a rinse, a 60degree wash, then an extra rinse. I use a full dose of non bio always as we have such hard water. I will do an extra rinse with vinegar today. It wont harm my wraps or easy fits will it?!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:36 am

ems101 wrote:How much vinegar do you put in? Do you put it in the conditioner drawer?

I usually do a rinse, a 60degree wash, then an extra rinse. I use a full dose of non bio always as we have such hard water. I will do an extra rinse with vinegar today. It wont harm my wraps or easy fits will it?!

I think if you normally use a full dose you'd need more? I don't understand what the extra powder does if there's detergent residue, but whenever I've stripped nappies because they've been a bit smelly I've used a full dose of powder (soft to medium water here) and rinsed forever after... I've never added vinegar because I only have malt vinegar in and never got round to buying white vinegar before I got them stripped anyway. Um, yeah, so maybe try adding another half scoop of powder and rinse a few times more. That way you can see where you're going with it and if it works you don't need vinegar and know it won't have damaged the easyfits :D

Oh and your nappies would normally be super rinsed because of the hard water, too, so maybe it wouldn't take as many rinses as it does here?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:41 am

Tbh i have been using the nappies i washed in conditioner anyway and they dint seem to be too affected. Maybe because ds is not such a heavy wetter? Ill Di an extra rinse anywAy, i did put a bit of extra powder in so hopefully it will work. My machine is quite new so it does a good rinse anywAy.

Thanks for help x

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies