hf1

Washing disaster! UPDATE pg 2

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Washing disaster! UPDATE pg 2

Postby Rufies mama » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:20 am

I've just started using CSP again and washed as I used to with my nappies, I've just pulled everything out of the wash to find that my white nappies and inserts have gone brown from the blood that's washed out my CSP! :puke: How can I fix this? It's a disaster! I want my nice white/cream nappies back :cry:
Any ideas? I've heard of something called colour catcher, would this work?
Last edited by Rufies mama on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Washing disaster! Help!

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:27 pm

YUK! but are you sure its the blood? surley that would have been washed out in the actually wash?

What colour are your csp? I would say its more a colour run issue.

BUT - soaking blood in a very very salty solution takes the blood out. So thats an option. have you tried washing again on a cold wash or with an enzyme washing powder? the enymes will take the blood out.

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:33 pm

It's old stuff that doesn't run so I'm sure it's the blood. I forgot that i used to rinse the blood out of the CSP before putting it in the wash so that's why. I'll try doing the wash with bio powder and then the salt thing. The nappies are all fitteds apart from one AIO so mostly don't have to worry about PUL, just elastic?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:55 pm

I have no idea what the salt would do to the elastic, so I would try to wash as much as you can first. I think as long as you don't do a hot wash or tumble try it should come out. doing a hot wash might set the stain in. :evil:

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:57 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:I have no idea what the salt would do to the elastic, so I would try to wash as much as you can first. I think as long as you don't do a hot wash or tumble try it should come out. doing a hot wash might set the stain in. :evil:

Oh dear, I think I did my fateful first wash on 60 :(

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Rufies mama wrote:
gilbertandmartha wrote:I have no idea what the salt would do to the elastic, so I would try to wash as much as you can first. I think as long as you don't do a hot wash or tumble try it should come out. doing a hot wash might set the stain in. :evil:

Oh dear, I think I did my fateful first wash on 60 :(

YIKES!

Maybe soak in for a bit in the bio powder for a bit first!

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:15 pm

or even vanish? If it's just this once? I hope it works!!

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:58 pm

I always rinse my csp first, maybe try soaking the nappies in bio and wash at 30. I'd also try to maybe add a bit of vanish into the wash too, just rinse really well. Hope it shifts. It may well sun out though :hug:

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:00 pm

I was also going to suggest washing with bio, should do the trick if it is blood x

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies