hf1

icky coloured wraps?

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

icky coloured wraps?

Postby MrsWeirdo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:14 pm

I've just been given some wraps (no harm in a few spares eh?) but the people they belonged to before have obviously just washed them with their other clothes.

They have lots of colour run type stains on them, particularly around the edges on the seems. Will dylon colour run remover help? They seem to be pretty old stains. I have tried soaking them for a few hours in diluted bleach (I know, I know, probably not the best for the PUL and they will be thouroughly washed before going on DS). Didn't really do alot though.... Any other suggestions? It seems to be dark day and night at the moment, it's just the kind of lighter dark in the daytime :lol: so no chance of sunning....

They work fine, I'm just fussy :oops:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: icky coloured wraps?

Postby Rae » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:58 pm

I did have some stained tots wraps, and thought the stains would never come out. However I never tried anything particular in order to get the stains out. The stains eventually faded over a few months.
In the winter, we sun out stains by leaving the nappies or clothes on the window ledges that get daytime sun. It takes longer than if they were outside, but it still works.

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies