hf1

Back to Basic's !

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Back to Basic's !

Postby scarlet » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:59 pm

It feels like forvere since I was washing cloth nappies and I feel totally out the loop of what are the current best practices for washing cloth.
Firstly I'd like a recommended routine i.e rince once , wash at 40 ect and also what to wash with for best clean results and no build up.
I have a washer dryer , the dryer doesn't get used that often but does every now and again.
Thanks in advance! :laundry:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Back to Basic's !

Postby confusinglady » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:29 pm

I feel pretty similar Scarlet! I can t remember exactly what I used to do and we ve changed powder since.
I ll watch this thread too ;)

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:41 pm

confusinglady wrote:I feel pretty similar Scarlet! I can t remember exactly what I used to do and we ve changed powder since.
I ll watch this thread too ;)

Are you 40 weeks today?? :yahoo:

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:06 pm

I cold rinse then wash at 40. I used to wash at 60 when I had day nappies with poop but we only have night nappies now.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:02 pm

I cold rinse, wash at 40 (60 if there are any particularly nasty nappies) with a full dose of bio powder. Ariel is the best bio powder IMO but as our water here is very hard I use Bold 2 in 1 for nappies (not the ones with Lenor in as the softener isn't clay based) then rinse several times at the end. Again because we have very hard water I find I need a full dose of powder with extra rinses gets the nappies cleaner than half a dose with fewer rinses. For newborns its recommended to wash at 60 though for the first few months.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:07 pm

My water is very hard as well! We actually have some of the purple bold at the mo!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:19 pm

I just wash at 40 with home made washing powder

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:40 am

I always did a cold rinse then normal wash at 40 or 60 when baby was tiny or had a funny tummy. I'm so jealous, I want to wash tiny nappies again :love:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm trying to come to a routine as well, yes early but I don't want to hassle when baby is here :giggle:

I was thinking cold rinse, wash at 60 for the first 3 months with an extra rinse afterwards.

We have a LG 11 kg machine that I didn't use for nappies yet so if anyone can recommend the best way please ;)

I'm doubting about the washing powder, here good stories about using Potion but if it doesn't work I always have Ariel nearby ;)

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies