hf1

Poo not washing out of aplix

My avatar
smaths
Clothie
Clothie

Poo not washing out of aplix

Postby smaths » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Bit of a gross problem, sorry. I have got some nappies where there are some poo particles embedded in the loop/fluffy part of the aplix. They don't seem to want to wash out! I always clean my nappies off best i can before they go in the machine, but sometimes the really messy ones are just impossible to get off totally before they get washed, so some poo gets in the machine and some particles seem to become trapped deep in the fibres. Anyone had this? How do you get them to work themselves free? It's only in certain nappies which have a more "fluffy" aplix it doesn't affect them all. I use ariel to wash and always do a cold rinse first and 2 rinses at the end.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Poo not washing out of aplix

Postby ems101 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:48 pm

an old toothbrush? yak!!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Nit combs!

They get almost anything out of aplix

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Old toothbrush here.
It's undigested food particles - one of the joys of weaning! I found a small pile of reconstituted raisins in the washer the other day. :puke:

My avatar
smaths
Clothie
Clothie

Postby smaths » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Thank you, I have a good stash of old toothbrushes as they always come in handy for cleaning things! Glad it's not just me this happens to :oops:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:11 am

smaths wrote:Thank you, I have a good stash of old toothbrushes as they always come in handy for cleaning things! Glad it's not just me this happens to :oops:

I found a good avoidance for this is to close the aplix before washing! And no you are definitely not the only one :giggle:

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies