hf1

Does it ever end?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Does it ever end?

Postby ems101 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm

So, I live in a laundry factory at the moment. With 2 in cloth, a couple of messy children, leaking nappiez, towels and bedding the laundry basket is always over flowing. Ben uses about 8 nappies a day. James uses 5. So we need to do a nappy wash about every day and a half. We have a tumble dryer and a long line in the garden. Ive done three loads today and three yesterday and im still not keeping up! Im thinking of ditching the wardrobe and living out of the washing basket

Rant over!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Does it ever end?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:33 pm

ems101 wrote:So, I live in a laundry factory at the moment. With 2 in cloth, a couple of messy children, leaking nappiez, towels and bedding the laundry basket is always over flowing. Ben uses about 8 nappies a day. James uses 5. So we need to do a nappy wash about every day and a half. We have a tumble dryer and a long line in the garden. Ive done three loads today and three yesterday and im still not keeping up! Im thinking of ditching the wardrobe and living out of the washing basket

Rant over!

I feel your pain, I reckon I do at least 1 load a day. I have heard of families over here who have a communual closet which is basically the laundry room. It would save a LOT of hassle

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:09 pm

I try to do at least 2 loads a day. three in good weather. It takes so long to fold and put away, Ive to two massive basket fulls to put away at the moment, two full racks and the tumble is full. Ga!!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:08 pm

It's safe to say it never ends!
Its the putting away that I hate. I ve ditched the iron as there is no way we d get to wear any clothes if we had to wait for them to be ironed :hohoho:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Iron? Whassat?!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:16 am

ems101 wrote:Iron? Whassat?!

:hohoho:

Another fellow creased person :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:31 am

confusinglady wrote:
ems101 wrote:Iron? Whassat?!

:hohoho:

Another fellow creased person :thumbsup:

:evil: :evil: no no no, you shouldn't need to be creased - you just need to improve your hanging and folding techniques :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:56 am

I wash nappies every other day and washing twice a week but 2 loads a day. Then a bedding/towel load. I don't do ironing either. And I have washing piled up in my room to put away :D :roll:

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:51 pm

I seem to manage 2 loads a day with the three of us. I hate Saturdays in rugby season as I have a kit, swimming stuff, nappies and dh work clothes plus sheets.

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies