hf1

Washing pocket diapers

My avatar
lumagoo
Clothie
Clothie

Washing pocket diapers

Postby lumagoo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi I have a stack of Charlie banana diapers and I am having a stink issue when she pees and when I get them out of the wash and smell them I can still smell pee.
My routine is 49 min cold rince cycle and then 2 scoops of rockin green at 40° baby wash cycle 2 1/2 hour cycle follow by another cold rince my machine is hotpoint Aquarius thanks

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Washing pocket diapers

Postby Sunset » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi :wave: I would wash the inserts at 60 with a full dose of powder and rinse til there are no more bubbles. Some people use baking powder or washing soda instead of washing powder when doing this.

My avatar
lumagoo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lumagoo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:41 am

As thank you I have just done that and in sniff test the smell neutral :yahoo: should I separate the inserts and pockets each wash? It's a shame I can't wash pockets at 60 too.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:53 am

Pull all the inserts out the pockets. Helps wash them easier. I wash everything on 60 once a month, not done and harm to my nappies so far. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:31 am

lumagoo wrote:As thank you I have just done that and in sniff test the smell neutral :yahoo: should I separate the inserts and pockets each wash? It's a shame I can't wash pockets at 60 too.

@lumagoo Great news it sounds like they just needed a strip wash which you've done successfully :yahoo: It is often just powder build up that causes the smelliness, so just repeat when they start getting whiffy again. Also make sure that you don't use too much powder in your normal loads - 1/4 to 1/2 dose should be all you need.

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies