hf1

Washing nappies when they are only wee'd in

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Washing nappies when they are only wee'd in

Postby shinycat » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:28 am

Hi all, DS is pretty much there with potty training now (wasn't as horrendous as i thought it might be!) and is now just in one nappy each night, which only ever gets wee'd in. I was wondering if that is the case can I (a) stop the cold rinse before the main wash and (b) wash at 40 instead of 60? Or will they still start to smell even if there is no poop?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Washing nappies when they are only wee'd in

Postby LynniferT » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:57 am

I'd definitely wash at 40 now but you may find you still need cold rinse especially if your waiting for a decent load to wash as the wee/nappies would have been sitting a while if your only using 1 a night.
You might even get away with chucking the odd night nappy in with a normal 40 degree clothes wash.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:46 am

I'd agree with Lynne on this one - I wouldn't wait for a whole load just for night nappies. A cold rinse would still be useful though.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:14 pm

We only have two night nappies per night now and I still pre rinse and also wash at 60. I tried at 40 and without the rinse but they soon smelled. I also often rinse out under the tap before chucking in the nappy bucket as the night time wees are really strong and the nappy bucket would knock me out whilst loading the machine!

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:15 am

Super thanks! I think I might experiment with dropping to 40 but keep the cold rinse. I have been putting towels and bedding in as would be waiting over whole week for a full load otherwise! Thanks for your help :D

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies