hf1

Two in cloth?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Two in cloth?

Postby ems101 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:35 pm

I know lots of you have done it, but I'm struggling to keep them in ft cloth as a day and a halfs nappies fill my machine. I can't be washing them that often!! I can fit about 18-20 nappies in my 8kg machine.with mucky baby and toddler, school uniform, large husband etc, my machine is always on as is the dryer. Am I missing a trick?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Two in cloth?

Postby littlesez » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:56 am

I do -2 loads a day and then don't tumble dry. It's because we have leon in cloth and i have csp and cloth wipes for everyone, lots of kitchen cloths and towels and pads for the steam Mop, then we go swimming 1-2 days a week plus we all have gym/ dance and football kits. I have a few small tips but not sure if they make so much difference !.

Towels , quick dry then straight back on the radiator. Stops them staying damp and needing washing.

Messy activities are done naked (the kids I Mean ) :hohoho:

Nappy free time a lot , trying to catch leon on the potty which saves a few nappies.

If it doesn't smell or its not marked don't wash it :lol:

That's it really

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:57 am

My washer is always on and I only have 1 in cloth.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:51 am

I couldn't keep up. Ed was such a heavy wetter that I just couldn't keep up. Ed is now in spouse and Oscar in Terry squares (which dry super fast).

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:04 am

Can you use flat nappies, which take less space in the machine?
With jacob, I had a tiny machine, so used to chuck the odd nappy in with everything else, unless they were really minging.
I also pre soaked (fine with flats - no elastic/ pul), so could do a quicker wash at a push.i dried around the house, as didn't have a drier.

This time, whilst only Percy in nappies, jacob plays rugby every day of the week, so generates vast amounts of muddy clothes (I wash far more of his stuff than Percy's!), so same kind of scenario. I chuck nappies in with other whites, and wraps in with the normal (cooler) wash, as nappies and rugby kit are the priority to get washed and dried again in a hurry. I rarely tumble these as using bamboo muslins which shrink and terrified of wrecking his (expensive) kit. Our house looks like a shanty town! I use a dehumidifier to speed up drying on racks - seems to be much cheaper to run that the drier too

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Postby _michelle_ » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:13 am

I usually do one load a day for my two but I find it easiest to put the nappies on as I'm going to bed then stick them on the line/clothes airer/in the dryer as soon as I get up as it frees up the washing machine for the rest of the day. I usually assemble the nappies in front of the TV on an evening. If I do extra rinses I do them first thing in the morning.

The washing machine is always on constantly here though. I must do 4 loads a day easily for the 5 of us.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks all. Some good ideas :)

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:05 pm

I have 1 back in cloth :yahoo:

..... And I m drowning in washing already!

Not helped by DH doing a cycling event this weekend which means lots of muddy clothes most of which can t be tumbled. I can get things washed it's just drying for me and the weather isn t helping.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:40 pm

I only have 1 in cloth but recently bought a dehumidifier and have been amazed how much difference it's made to speed of drying!
I do the same as _michelle_ and put machine on at night then hang up in morning.

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies