hf1

Tumble driers.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Tumble driers.

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:15 am

We're getting a tumble drier :yahoo: Ive got about 20 bamboo fitteds that I don't use as they take days to dry but blaine is drinking about 50oz of juice a day and is piddling for scotland so I really want to use my more absorbant nsppies to cut down the washing a bit. However I've had it drilled into me that they will destroy my precious nappies. You helped me over come my bio washing powder fear so hopefully you can help me overcome this! :thumbsup: who regularly uses their drier?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Tumble driers.

Postby Katielou » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:38 am

I do for my bamboozles as they take forever to dry, haven't had any problems as yet!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:48 am

I do for mine, no problems at all. Some of my flat bamboo boosters have misshaped a little but nothing too bad

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:55 am

I do if I'm pushed for drying space or in a hurry for things...
Some of the bamboos go a funny shape, and my bamboo muzzies have shrunk a bit, but that might be the hot washes too :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:48 am

I might be wrong but I am sure that juice makes you pee loads, I stopped izzy having it coz she kept peeing and sometimes not making it to the toilet ! 50oz is a lot I wonder if reducing it and more water might help ?

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:35 pm

I've tried reducing it but he goes mad banging his cup and crying till I fill it. He probably doesn't drink that much juice as he only has it with meals, water in between. He just calls everything juice, even milk lol.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Yes I think juice with certain sweetners makes you per lots. Can you give just water? Or very dilute unconcentrated juice?

My avatar
Frankie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Frankie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:24 pm

Yep, I use my tumble drier for all of my nappies including my bamboo inserts and Little Lambs. No probs with them.

My avatar
JennB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby JennB » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:07 am

I thought it was more from an environmental perspective, using the drier put the reusables on par with a disposable nappy in terms of environmental cost? Although, in all of the studies, I don't think they put the landfill into the equation but I could be wrong on that? Hmmmm...

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies