hf1

What cycle for what washing machine to wash cloth nappies?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: What cycle for what washing machine to wash cloth nappies?

Postby Katielou » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:00 pm

I wasn't spinning after first rinse but then read someone sayin spin to pump out dirty water and thought it made sense so now do quick spin between rinse and wash

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Katielou wrote:cotton wash 3 @ 40 or 60 spin turned down to 400, rinse

@Katielou curious why you do such a low spin at the end, doesn't it mean they take ages to dry?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:37 pm

@clothmama sorry probly wasn't clear I use that low spin between first rinse and wash and then between wash and final rinse. The final rinse gets a 1400 spin. I use the lower spin inbetween to just get rid of dirty water really and spinning can be damaging apparently so keep those inbetween ones low to prevent wearing and also save time.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Ahhh that makes sense!! :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:54 am

Bump :)

List updated thanks all.

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Tried the whites wash which is number 2 today @ 60 and think that was good for stain removal, better than anti stain! So maybey add that to my tips, try a white wash if you have one!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Washing Machine make and model: Beko A++ 7kg

Cycle: 1. cold rinse 2. Cotton cycle... Temperature turned down to 40* (very occasionally do 60* but really not often at all, maybe every few months). Press the 'extra rinse' button below digital display BEFORE starting the washing cycle so it automatically rinses again without having to restart machine. 3. If there are still signs of detergent (only tends to happen if DH puts machine on as insists on using too much detergent!) then I do 1 more rinse at the end.

Hints / tips: I wash every other day so 2 days nappies is decent enough load with plenty of room for nappies to tumble.

Hardness of water (if known): Hard London water.

Amount and type of powder used: recently switched to Ecosprout and it's fab! More expensive but seems to be lasting ages. 2 table spoons per wash (washing 2 days worth of nappies).

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:48 am

Model: hotpoint aquatics 11kg

Cycle: anti allergy / baby cycle (has extra rinses in the cycle), 60 or 40 depending what's in the load (up until recently we had to hot wash all of Percy's things, but just got the all clear from paed. so can relax a little :) )
Spin 1400.

Powder: 1/3 dose fairy non-bio, a scoop of napisan, and a drop of lavender oil.

Hints: there is a steam function on my machine. I use this if I am washing nappies cooler for any reason.
I often chuck the bright pocket nappies in with Jacobs sports stuff as I don't have enough to fill the machine, so this is really useful.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Washing Machine make and model: it's a proline, don't know the model tho
Cycle: I do a rinse with out a spin which takes 19 minuets then do a standard wash at 60 with the intense button pushes and 2 extra rinces which takes 3hrs 22mins.
Hints / tips: I pour a jug of water down with the detergant as it never washes the powder down properly!!
Hardness of water (if known): soft scottish water.
Amount and type of powder used: just switched to lidls bio powder and I use between 60 and 80mls (I realise this is a lot compaired to everyone else here but I figure they are the dirtiest things I wash so need it. I tried a tea spoon but they were honking right out of the machine!!)

PreviousNext

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies