hf1

Easyfits strip wash

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Easyfits strip wash

Postby Katielou » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi all, I've been using easyfits v2 and v4 and love them, well the new ones I bought anyway! I have bought some preloved and they seem to be leaking slightly around the seams before they are saturated. They don't smell when washed though. So I'm guessing maybey they have a bit of build up, the seams need resealing or a bit of both. Tots bots recommend a couple of full cycles with no detergent followed by tumble dry and then extra 15 mins tumble dry once dry. Any thoughts/recommendations please? Also should the tumble be cool or hot? I read a cool tumble might not be enough to reseal. I was thinking of drying them on low and then blasting them on high for the extra 15 minutes?

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Easyfits strip wash

Postby Dancing mum » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:33 pm

I don't have a tumble drier so can't advice on that side but I have found putting nappies in for a full wash without detergent has worked a treat when I have had detergent build up in the past.

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Thanks @Dancing mum There on rinse now after two washes without detergent so hopefully it will work if it was build up causing the problem. The new ones I have are really good so hoping these preloved can be sorted!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:05 pm

:fingerscrossed:

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:58 pm

So I tested one of the v4 nappies this morning and got good results, only just damp at seams after 4.5 hours. I usually change every 3 anyway just like to know the max capability incase of unexpected situation. However when I pulled the inserts out to see if they were saturated the bamboo was but the microfiber felt dry. I compared this to one of my new v2 and it was much drier. Did a test by flicking water and v2 soaked up but the other one beaded and rolled so seems microfibre is repelling!! Anyway have now scrubbed and soaked with fairy and they are now going in machine till no more bubbles. Will update when done and tested again for reference for anyone who comes across this thread.

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:05 pm

Mistake
Last edited by Katielou on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:07 pm

It worked!!! Wasn't too much hard work either. Gonna do the rest in the morning... My new ones were beading aswell though so I'm thinking the softner I use in my normal clothes may be transferring.....
May have to do some more regular maintenance washes...

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Glad you've found the problem and can sort it :) Hope you manage to get all the softener residue out of machine.

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:13 am

I might try this

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies