hf1

Smells Like Roses - Until She Pees!

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Smells Like Roses - Until She Pees!

Postby cuppachaplz » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:08 pm

I've had a couple of nappies that I've had to strip with Milton where vinegar has failed-might be worth a shot if you're still not getting anywhere...

I tend to just leave mine out in the rain for a few days, which seems to fix anything, but I guess that is much easier in Wales than South Africa :giggle:

My avatar
Hopeful Mom
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Hopeful Mom » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:18 pm

cuppachaplz wrote:I've had a couple of nappies that I've had to strip with Milton where vinegar has failed-might be worth a shot if you're still not getting anywhere...

Milton I've tried, didn't seem to make any difference.

cuppachaplz wrote:I tend to just leave mine out in the rain for a few days, which seems to fix anything, but I guess that is much easier in Wales than South Africa :giggle:

Yes, exactly! :P

In brighter news, Hope wore cloth for an hour and a half and while the smell was still faintly there, it was a vast improvement on before! Yay for getting somewhere!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:41 pm

That is good news! Hopefully if you keep up with not too much powder and making sure you rinse well it should keep improving! You know if it is right if they smell of nothing when you get them out of the machine (no powder). Just a thought you aren't using softener are you?

My avatar
Hopeful Mom
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Hopeful Mom » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:50 am

Thanks for the encouragement! It's great to know that I don't have to soak and rinse 80 times and this and that and the next thing every time I wash them.

Nope, no softener. Double checked my washing powder yesterday too to make sure it's not 2in1, which it isn't. Glad I wasn't unknowingly sabotaging myself!

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies