hf1

Stripping nappies

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Stripping nappies

Postby becsom » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Kirstyh wrote:The soda crystals worked a treat and now the nappies are blowing on the line and they now smell yummy and fresh air clean - yes I have just been sniffing them!!!!!

:lol: I ALWAYS sniff my nappies, usually at every stage of washing (after 1st&2nd pre-wash rinse, after main wash, after post-rinses, after drying). I often think if anyone saw me (regularly) sniffing my nappies they would think I was a right weirdo. Roll on summer when I'll be sniffing them in the back garden where all my neighbours can see me :lol:

Becky x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:56 pm

The weather has been so nice here I have been drying my washing outside and just giving it a quick finish off in the dryer. I think my neighbours think I am mad anyway so won't be surprised to see me sniffing nappies :lol:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:59 pm

glad it worked

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:42 pm

I'm not too sure what it was but something I did seems to have sorted my night nappies out... I think it might have been the long wash at 60C with normal amount of detergent (i.e., what I'd use for clothes) and white vinegar in the FS drawer, followed immediately by a short wash (1 hour, my normal program) at 60C with no detergent (and just a tiny dash of Ecover FS, because I can't bear crunchy nappies). Lili wore a Bumhugger last night and it didn't even stink in the morning, and as she nurses 462 times a night (well, that's what it seems like) she does a lot of weeing!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:39 pm

YAY

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:21 am

Rhead - so you can safely use ecover fabric softener? I thought bold 2in1 was the only FS that was ok? I get crunchyness without bold 2in1 but having a bit of an absorbancy problem the last few days.

If I wash as usual (60 with one bold tablet) and then do a few rinse cycles, would that be enough do you think? M night nappies seem fine, but they are newer and french soy. It seems to be my daytime pockets that have the problem. Have had quite a few leaks where the wee comes out as if she has been left too long but then when I change her, half the insert is still dry? :-?

My last load of nappies I did an extra wash (quickwash at 30) but I want to go and hang these on the line now really as I am waiting to go out and it is a nice sunny day for nappy drying!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:47 am

You shouldn't use ecover, but I think Rachel is sayin that you can get away with a teeny bit of it! If your using a whole tablet that may be your problem, I use 50ml of powder, and I'm in a hard water area, the reccommended amount is around 200ml I think, so I'm using a quarter what I should!

Half atablet should be plenty!!! Are you using a full wash setting, not a time saver one?? I used to do an extra quickwash at the end but I found rinses were better, it sounds like it might be build up, as detergent can coat the fleece making it repel, or it could just be that she's soaking so fast pockets can't cope with it, do you have any other fitted you can try for the day??

My avatar
PoshMama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby PoshMama » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:31 pm

rhead wrote: and as she nurses 462 times a night

Yours too? :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: or is it :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hop you don't tell you HV that :giggle:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:46 pm

PoshMama wrote:
rhead wrote: and as she nurses 462 times a night

Yours too? :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: or is it :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hop you don't tell you HV that :giggle:

I don't have a HV, probably fortunately, I bet she'd be appalled! Even worse, Lili's 17 months old now - but lately we've been scaling back to only 1-3 times between 11 and 7 (erm, noninclusive), which is a distinct improvement :hohoho:

PreviousNext

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies