hf1

Removing stains from fleece inners?

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Removing stains from fleece inners?

Postby rachelinscotland » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows a good way to remove rather set-in stains from white fleece liners (as in, fleece lined nappies), apart from bleach?

I recently bought a bundle of Bumbles from someone (not here, btw) and the white fleece inside is quite stained - rather set in stains, so don't look like they'll naturally fade/sun out. :| They're just for night nappies, but I really don't like ugly nappies! lol I always thoroughly rinse any soiled nappies before putting them in the bucket, so I've *never* had a problem with lasting stains on nappies. And find it rather annoying when you buy secondhand nappies and it looks like they left something soiled for a week to get into the state it's in! :roll:

Anyway...I once had a couple of used Fluffles which I *soaked* in bleach for a day or so and they came very nice & white! However, I did wash them *several times to get rid of the "bleachy" smell. And since these Bumbles are for Benjamin overnight (meaning he'll be wearing them for 12 hours or so!) I wondered if there are any other bright ideas for brightening them up! Though maybe just bleach in the washing machine would clear them up a bit without leaving so much bleach reside in them like a soaking would do.

I think I'll also get a box of orange Dylon to give them a face lift - so maybe best to just do bleach & then Dylon and wash them a half dozen times or so before he wears them! :hohoho: But thought that maybe someone could have a better idea! :)

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Removing stains from fleece inners?

Postby flutterby » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:35 pm

I've found that stains eventually fade if washed enough times!

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Yes, that's frequently been my experience too. However, these look quite deep/sunk in and rather dark. Not exactly *very* visible - but I know they're there and they've made dark shadows across the inside!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:40 pm

Hmmm I really don't know then, you could try vanish or something like that, I don't think your supposed to but I have done upon occasion in the past with no awful consequences!

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:32 pm

I've got a couple of white fleece inner pockets with stains on them, which really annoys me :x . I have tried sunning them out loads and they have been washed loads too but still the same :cry: . So i would be really interested if someone comes up with a solution :D

Thanks

Juliex

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:03 pm

flutterby wrote:Hmmm I really don't know then, you could try vanish or something like that, I don't think your supposed to but I have done upon occasion in the past with no awful consequences!

I've also used Vanish, with extra rinses. Doesn't seem to have done the nappies any harm, although I didn't want to use the full dose so the stains didn't come out fully - kind of defeats the purpose :roll: :lol:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:45 am

I've had good results with poo stained m/f inserts using bambinex nappy soak/wash, I just soak them for a few hours and then wash as normal, also ecover stain remover is pretty good. xx

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:34 pm

I've found this on fleece inners too, sometimes it's not really a proper stain but just a kind of dark shadow that no amount of sunning will shift. I was wondering whether it would be possible to bleach just the fleece (apply it directly), as I'd never bleach my pockets! Did resort to it once with some Swaddlebees fitteds that had really weird purply stains that I couldn't get rid of, and it worked a treat, but naturally it takes out half the colour as well.

Let us know if you come up with a solution - I HATE stains on my nappies! :mrgreen:

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies