hf1

how many nappies make a full load

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

how many nappies make a full load

Postby clumsymumsy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Obviously it depends on your machine and the type and size of nappies, how many changing pads get weed and pooed on and thrown in with the nappies, etc.
I currently wash every 2 days and was thinking of buying some more nappies to stretch that to every 3, don't know if that would overload the machine and nothing would really get clean...
I have a HE front loader machine for 4-5 kg of laundry, we use mostly size L/ toddler prefolds and fitteds.

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: how many nappies make a full load

Postby clumsymumsy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:52 pm

oh yeah I forgot to mention, my LO poos quite a lot on some days so we end up with more than the recommended 5-6 changes a day. I am also starting to use cloth at night so that is 2 more v. absorbant nappies per 24 hours.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:56 pm

I can fit 2 full nappy buckets into the machine and that works out at about 20 fitted nappies, including boosters for night time etc. That is 3 day's worth.

It is trial and error to see how many you can fit in and still come out clean, depending on the machine mainly.

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:58 pm

putting them through a longer wash cycle might be needed if you put more in

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 pm

How full is your machine when you put your usual 2 days worth in? I guess that would be the best way to judge? You can then work out how full it would be if you add 50% more nappies to it.

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:10 am

The machine seems a little over half full to what I would normally load it. but nappies are a little yuckier than the normal stuff that goes in! :giggle: there is still room in the 2 nappy buckets. i guess it always comes down to trial and error when washing nappies.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:47 am

I think you should have enough space for another day by the sounds of things. My wash is usally 3/4 full and they come out lovely and clean

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:09 am

We do 2 loads every 3- 4 days, but that's with 2 in cloth! We have a 7kg washer too though

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:40 am

I wash my nappies every other day when the bucket is full but could probably do one every 3/4 days if I had a bigger bucket. There's usually around 10-12 nappies in each load.

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies