hf1

Washing Machine

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Washing Machine

Postby jules070603 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm sick of my washing machine and I'm sure its the culprit causing my smelly nappy problems.

We got the washer just over a year ago and it coincided with the start of smelly night nappies. Everything I wash still has soap in the rinse despite me cutting back on powder and adding extra rinses.

Its a Hotpoint Ultima WT960 and its supposed to be 'super silent' which is a load of rubbish to start with. Just wondered if anyone else had one of these. Googles it and found other people having rinsing problems too.

It seems like such a waste to buy a new washer and very extravagent but I'm hopeful we can get a few quid for the old on Ebay and its just driving me insane. :evil: :evil: I don;t want all my new nappies to be ruined and it can't be good for clothes/towels/bedding either having detergent build up.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Washing Machine

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Having had problems with out dryer numerous times, and our dishwasher rarely cleaning properly, I'm totally off hotpoint for life, I can't wait for them all to break TBH so I can get something different, whenever I've googled anything to do with hotpoint I've always found negative reviews! And as for super silent, well lets just not go there! Surprisingly though, we've not had any problems with the washer yet, apart from the noise!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Oh no Jules, how annoying :evil:
Hope it sells well on ebay so you can get a new one!

Joanne

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:48 pm

we have a hotpoint aqualtis and it is great, never had any rinse problems, there is a extra rinse option and then I do another rinse after that as well and it is sooooo quiet, even my mum has commented on the lack of noise!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:20 am

I've got the same as Kirsty and I love mine too. I always do an extra rinse after every wash and a couple after the nappy wash. No problems here so far.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:37 am

I have always had a Hotpoint (well I have only ever had 2 washers!) and not had any problems......yet. But it sounds very annoying for you Jules. I hope you sell it and get to buy a new one. My washer is on so much at the moment, I can't imagine being without it or it not working properly, it would be a nightmare - what did people do before washing machines? Or even my Mum when I was little, she had a twin tub and had to keep transferring it over!!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:43 am

Annette wrote:what did people do before washing machines? Or even my Mum when I was little, she had a twin tub and had to keep transferring it over!!

I rememeber washing day at home when I was little with the twin tub, what a lot of work. I have to say I'm a bit like this about my dishwasher now, don;t think I could be without one now :roll:

I'm just so annoyed with the washer, its bothering me so much I just want rid of it :roll:

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:24 pm

have you tried a bit of vinegar in the rinse cycle to help get all the detergent out?
have you tried washing a smaller load? (annoying, I know)
Or (people are probably tired of hearing me go on about this) using soap nuts or an eco-ball, which don't need rinsed out?
or all else failing, dumping extra water in the machine during the rinse cycle?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:04 am

I think it must just be the ultima ones that are poo then, as ours in an ultima too!

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies