hf1

Ahh so many bubbles!

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Ahh so many bubbles!

Postby pookie3101 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:12 am

Just put my month old washing machine on a maintanence wash & how many bubbles :shock: I can't believe there are so many after just 1 month & I only use half the amount of detergent in clothes wash, none at all when i wash girls swimming things & not much when doing a nappy wash. I dread to think how many there would be if I used the amount of detergent stated on packet (I'm in a hard water area).

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Ahh so many bubbles!

Postby clothmama » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:57 am

I've got a newer machine than I had in France adn I'm finding I need to strip wash loads more, I think they dont' use as much water so dont' rinse as much.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 pm

new machines tend to be more water economical, I do and extra 2 rises now just incase!!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:40 pm

It is true that new machines try to save water and therefore do not rinse as well as older ones. So it is worth putting on an extra rinse for nappies. I find that you cannot reduce the amount of detergent too much as then they don't get clean - it is better to do an extra rinse at the end to wash it out.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Annette wrote:It is true that new machines try to save water and therefore do not rinse as well as older ones. So it is worth putting on an extra rinse for nappies. I find that you cannot reduce the amount of detergent too much as then they don't get clean - it is better to do an extra rinse at the end to wash it out.

wss!

its better to have the amonut of detergent needed and then do an extra rinse as atleast you know the clothes/nappies are properly clean then.

We are in a hard water area too and use the recommended dose for soft/medium water which is 1 capful of liquid. I dont do an extra rinse after washing normal clothes but i always do an extra 2 rinses when doing the nappies. I have a 'superwash' feature on my machine which i use for nappies as this give an extra 14 litres of water. I try to remember to use soda crystals aswell as they help x

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:34 pm

I already use the extra water feature on my nappy washes which adds extra water to rinse, wash & an additional rinse. I then do 3 rinses after a nappy wash until there are no more bubbles. It must be my clothes washes that are building it up.

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:44 am

I do an extra two rinses as standard after everything (it's programmed into the machine now). I couldn't believe how soft our normal clothes started getting after we got a new machine.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:54 am

mmmmm i think i need to rinse more 8-)
i am amazed when i use my washable wipes (which go in with the nappies) despite only using half the soap when i dip them in water to wash him loads of soap comes out :shock: :shock: i always use the intensive stains wash cycle which uses more water but i don't think you can programme my machine to do an extra rinse apart from doing it when it stops then you need to do an extra spin aswell :doh: :doh:

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:06 am

Can you set your machine to not do a spin? Then you can just do the extra rinse & spin afterwards.

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies