Ahh so many bubbles!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Ahh so many bubbles!

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:26 am

charliesam wrote:despite only using half the soap when i dip them in water to wash him loads of soap comes out :shock: :shock:

I think 1/2 dose is too much for nappies to be honest, unles perhaps you have hugely hard water. I've always used 1/2 a tablet (ie 1/4 dose) and I didn't need to do a strip wash for 2 years!!!My nappies always smelt lovely and were clean, may be worth cutting down your powder a bit!
sophie2198 wrote:We are in a hard water area too and use the recommended dose for soft/medium water which is 1 capful of liquid.

A lot of people find that liquid is pretty bad for build up and if you look at a lot of manufacturers instructions on new machines they say not to use it. The washing machine man (can't remember the website) also says not to use it as it leaves a fatty deposit through all the pipes in your machine. So if you are having probs maybe worth changing to powder.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:25 pm

clothmama wrote:
sophie2198 wrote:We are in a hard water area too and use the recommended dose for soft/medium water which is 1 capful of liquid.

A lot of people find that liquid is pretty bad for build up and if you look at a lot of manufacturers instructions on new machines they say not to use it. The washing machine man (can't remember the website) also says not to use it as it leaves a fatty deposit through all the pipes in your machine. So if you are having probs maybe worth changing to powder.

I found it the opposite! When i used to use powder for washing , be it nappies or clothes i would get awful problems , nappies smelly , clothes not washing properly , powder not even dissolving :shock: and as soon as i switched to liquid everything has been washing like a dream! No build up on nappies (yes i do 2 rinses after a wash but i could probably get away with 1 i just like to be sure :roll: :giggle: ) and clothes are now lovely :D When washing nappies i use a 2rd of the recommended dose for soft/medium water so about 10-15mls of liquid and have never had problems with this. Tbh i would much rather use the liquid and chance having my machine break down then use powder and have yucky clothes/nappies :-?

xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Fair enough!!!! :D

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:13 pm

I find the same, powder clogs my machine now we've switched to liquid (ariel and bold or whatever is on offer lol) everything is washing much better and I find my clothes aren't itchy from the powder (I only ever used to use the minimum amount).

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies