hf1

Is there something wrong with my washing machine?

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Is there something wrong with my washing machine?

Postby kt24 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:06 pm

Ok now DH is being no help with this. We have been having an on going problem with washing powder residue. I had solved it by using just a tiny bit of powder and an extra rinse. Today my nappy wash has had 8 :!: rinses and there is still loads of bubbles in the drum. What is going on :?: I can't keep rinising all day. Do you think there could be something wrong with the machine? It's driving me crazy!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:11 pm

Have you tried giving your washing machine a wash - do a 90 degree wash with nothing in it to clear any residue in the machine and make sure you clean the powder drawer.

Have you a problem with smells? tbh I have never checked the machine for bubbles so don't know if we still have some after the rinse but we don't have a problem with smells so have never really worried about it.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:15 pm

I've done a 90 wash empty and run a descaler as well.

We have had problems with ammonia smells because of detergent residue and I can feel the residue on them when I'm hanging them out. That's why I am starting to wonder if it's the machine not rinsing properly.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Mmmmmm sorry don't know what to suggest. I might check my machine tonight when I put the nappy wash on and see if we have bubbles.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:17 am

I think you're right - I think it does sound like your machine isn't rinsing properly... Do you notice it with clothes too?

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:55 am

Yeah clothes have that slightly sticky feeling too but not so bad. Will have to get the washing machine serviced I think. If they do that. Sounds expensive :(

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:10 am

Yep but consider all the washing powder/liquid you'll save in the meantime...

Hope it doesn't cost too much :?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:19 am

I looked at my machine last night while it was rinsing and although there were a few bubbles, there weren't many and they seemed to be just from the water all mixing up as alot of them disappeared as it settled iyswim.

If you are getting a sticky feeling then maybe it is your machine. Hope it isn't expensive but it would be worth it if it makes it more efficient.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:10 pm

In the meantime have you got a filter in your machine which you have access to, to take out and clean and if you haven't yet called someone out try and get dh to move the washing machine so you can see if the grey tube with the crook init is clean and the pipe it goes into is ok.

Also you might want to try a pack of soda crystals on a hot hot wash (may be the whole pack or just half)

But it does sound like its the machine :roll:

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies