hf1

Smelly nappies!

My avatar
Bluetomato
Clothie
Clothie

Smelly nappies!

Postby Bluetomato » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Im mainly using wonderoos and itti bittis for Harrison, although every now and again, ive been using kwikflips on him. When Harrison used the kwikflips the other day they absolutley stank when I took them off. I have never known a nappy to smell so bad. Even after washing, I have noticed that all his nappies still smell of wee (not a strong smell, but you can smell it when you smell the nappy itself).
Im using 1 tablet of asda biological (non bio was giving him a rash) on a normal 40 dregree wash with an extra rinse. I also prewash the nappies first. I think I need to strip wash them, but how do I go about doing it? The thing is the wonderoos say you can wash up to 60 degrees, so i'll just wash the inserts, but the kwickflips say to wash at 40. Im worried if I wash them at 60, they will fall apart! Do I need to use extra detergent as well?

Thanks,

Vicki
x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Smelly nappies!

Postby Louise » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:33 pm

The quick flips will be fine in a 60 degree wash, I've always washed all my nappies inc quick flips at 60 with no probs. There are a couple of ways to strip nappies depending on what the problem is. I usually wash mine with a full dose of detergent and then rinse loads of times until there are no more bubbles in the rinse.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Smelly nappies!

Postby JennyPenny » Thu May 07, 2009 10:56 pm

I agree, I would do them all at 60, although I don't actually own any quick flips but I do have a big mixture and always wash at 60, no matter what I have in there. Nothing has ever been ruined so far :D

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies