hf1

Is bold 2in1 the recommended and is it safe for nappy wraps?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Is bold 2in1 the recommended and is it safe for nappy wraps?

Postby flutterby » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:02 pm

emmalala wrote:since i switched from liquid to powder my machine doesnt reek anymore. i couldnt figure out what is was! and i buy a big box of bold powder and it lasts AGES, and thats with 2 adults and 4 kids :wink: i bought a box a month ago for £10 and its still got a load left in it.

Oh yes, the boxes last forever whenyou reaslise you don't need to use the recccomended dosage!

My avatar
rachie77
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rachie77 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:06 pm

I can't believe I didn't know about the powder compared to liquid before. I switched from powder to liquid as I thought it was going to be easier and my machine began to smell. Then I read on here all about liquid causing smells in machines and so I switch back and what a difference it makes...

I also used bold 2in1 on my nappies and they finally smell great again.

Thanks everyone!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Is this just any bold 2 in 1? or a certain one? I thought they had fabric softeners and that you were meant to use non-bio on children.... :-? :-?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:56 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:Is this just any bold 2 in 1? or a certain one? I thought they had fabric softeners and that you were meant to use non-bio on children.... :-? :-?

Bold uses clay based softeners and therefore do not affect the absorbency of nappies so is ok to use. They recommend non-bio on children in case of sensitive skin but imo bio gets things alot cleaner and as long as you rinse it all out shouldn't cause any problems. We always use bio.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:10 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:Is this just any bold 2 in 1? or a certain one? I thought they had fabric softeners and that you were meant to use non-bio on children.... :-? :-?

I've had less issues using bio than I did using no-bio liquids...
Seems the bio gets the clothes cleaner causing less irritation - and provided you don't do a quick wash and do a proper full wash with extra-rinse pressed (well okay so a lot of machines have this or a similar function) you should be fine...

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:48 pm

I normally use the extra rinse button just to be on the safe side, to make sure everything is washed out anyways :)

Damnit, I just bought another 2 boxes on Non-bio the other day too :(
Next shop I'll try Bold :)

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:03 pm

I've just read the bit about liquids not having any bleach in and therefore your machine may niff a bit and it all makes sense now.

My machine always seemed a little niffy no matter what I did, I tried 90 degree wash with nothing in it, same but with soda crystals, left the door open etc etc and nothing worked. I changed to Bold 2 in 1 on some recommendations from here (posder not liquid which i was using before) and I was only thinking today that my machine didnt smell anymore! :D

My avatar
trishy28
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby trishy28 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:39 pm

i have always used powder, always got scared off by the price tags on the liquids, but have always had a smelly machine - since i switched over to bold 2in1 i have realsied that it wasn't the powder - it was the fabric conditioner that was causing the smell, i now don't use fabric conditioner at all, as i used it once since and found my clothes felt greasy when they came out.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Bold 2-in-1 is on offer in Tesco at the moment. Orange or Lavender, £4 a box :) it's something like £2 off the normal price (Can't remember now!)

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies