hf1

Getting rid of poo stains

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Getting rid of poo stains

Postby Pinchette » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:38 pm

Kiara did a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig soft poo whilst at MIL the other day and it stained my lovely planet green kids. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I normally give nappies a quick hand rinse but MIL put it to soak into warm water and it just ended fixing the stain. :roll: :cry:
The stains are faint now but I know they're there and I hate it. What can I do???? I've got a bottle of ACE gentle but I daren't use it before I've got some advise.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease. :lol:

Gisele

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:38 pm

Gisele, I use3d to always squirt a bit of vanish on Louis nappies when he was tiny (norty mummy!!) and never had any probs. Sunlight really is the best though and natural!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:12 pm

Do you know what, it's taking me this long to finally find white vinegar online for my monthly online shop and I have just started using it in my machine.

I thought I was using it to soften the water or something and clean the machine a bit.

However since using it some of my stains have started to fade for the first time in aaaages!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:14 pm

oh and i can see what's wrong with giving it a skirt with some stain cleaner and then re-washing to get the chemicals out iykwim. I've been meaning to do that for yonks but haven't got round to it!

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies