hf1

Recommend a washing machine! Urgent!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Recommend a washing machine! Urgent!

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:30 pm

Help!!!! My washing machine has gone to the great electrical dump-it in the sky after deciding it couldn't handle another spin cycle this morning. :cry: :x :x :x :x And I have a pail load of dirty nappies to wash. So I need a new washing machine and quickly! I *think* I'm settled on a Hotpoint Aqualtis. But there are five different ones to choose from. Why?! Why do they make this so hard. How can they be so different?! Which model would you recommend and why? I saw in another thread here that one of them is programmable, but I can't find any information about that on the specs. Can anyone help me make a decision, please? I really need to order one this week. Thanks!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Recommend a washing machine! Urgent!

Postby Frances » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:34 pm

We have a Hotpoint Ultima WT471 - can't fault it. It holds 7kg and is programmable too; I can change the temperature on any pre-set programme, which is really handy as I now do a cold rinse before I wash nappies. We've had it for two years now without any probs.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:41 pm

i imagine you have already got one, but cannot fault the Miele range - a bit more expensive than the others, very very quiet when on :) had it 2 yrs without fault.

Got a servis machine too, had it 2 yrs this Sept and its broken twice! Never again! x

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:21 pm

mines a hot point washer/dryer and its rubbish. keeps breaking down. only had it 6 months and had it replaced twice. best one ive had was indesit

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:59 pm

our is the same as Frances has and again nor faults here, it is a great machine and the big drum is great.
Washer driers in general aren't meant to be great, Dh's sister has one and it is dreadful. xx

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Well, I ended up going for the AQXGD169PM - this one:

http://www.hotpoint.co.uk/hotpoint/prod ... Id=46506UK

It has an enourmous drum (I'll be able to do nappies twice a week instead of every other day, like I had to! Will need a new nappy bucket, though.), extra rinse options and four memory buttons, which allow you to store a cycle with your own preferences in the machine's memory. So I can tell it to do a prewash, 60c wash, extra rinses and save it. Then when I want to do that nappy wash again, I just hit the right button. Yay! :wine: I am so easily pleased.

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Lol. That is so cool. A memory function on washing machine would be a great for my DH. Could program it and he would just have to put washing powder / nappies in, then hit a button. :hohoho:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:27 pm

beffys wrote:Lol. That is so cool. A memory function on washing machine would be a great for my DH. Could program it and he would just have to put washing powder / nappies in, then hit a button. :hohoho:

I think it's the same one Rox has so her DH can use it

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies