bm poo in aplix and Muslins not fresh

My avatar
clothmum
Clothie
Clothie

bm poo in aplix and Muslins not fresh

Postby clothmum » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi!

Well i have been using cotton bottoms with my muslins, which have worked very well for us.

I pop them in a wet bucket along with tea tree and currently washing each evening as shes doing alot of squirty bm poo! Lol so running out of wraps (have 7, maybe i should get more?)

Anyway i do them on a 60 wash and add tea tree and abit of non bio.

Bm poo is always stuck in the aplix even when i try and sluice bad ones! Also the muslins smell nice when they come out but when dry the next day they smell unfresh, maybe abit of urine smell im not sure.

Would be greatful for any tips!

Thank you x

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: bm poo in aplix and Muslins not fresh

Postby clothmama » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi :idea: It sounds like you may have build up in your muslins. What I would do is put them on a 60 wash with a full dose of powder then keep repeating the rinse cycle until there is no suds at all left in the water. It is best to always do a quick cold rinse before the wash as hot water can set the smell of urine so by rinsing first that doesn't happen. In your normal washes only use 1/4 (up to 1/2 in very hard water areas) of a normal dose and if you notice there are still bubbles give them an extra rinse.

Hmmmm not sure what to suggest about the bf poo in the aplix. I always used fleece liners which caught most of the poo and I would rinse those in the laundry tub so there wasn't much poo in the wash anyway. Are you closing the aplix wash tabs?

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies