hf1

Bold 2 in 1 and Comfort when washing cloth nappies!

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:39 pm

Proctor and Gamble make Bold 2 in 1 Tory.

Comfort is unilever

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:41 pm

ericaj1 wrote:Proctor and Gamble make Bold 2 in 1 Tory.

Comfort is unilever

Cheers but sounds like the verdict is still out on weather or not comfort is ok???

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:43 pm

I wouldn't like to risk it :?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:13 pm

I have used small amounts of comfort in the past to soften nappies every now and then. The problem with it is that it coats the fibres with a greasy residue. If you use it once then it will wash out after a few washes so not a permanent problem. If you use a small amount every now and then you just have to accept that absorbency will be reduced a bit. If you used it all the time then I think the build up would prove to be more of a problem - does that make sense?

As far as I am aware, Comfort is no different from any other liquid softener.

Bold 2 in 1 on the other hand is clay based and works great with nappies (& towels).

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:33 pm

[quote="Charliemum"]I have used small amounts of comfort in the past to soften nappies every now and then. The problem with it is that it coats the fibres with a greasy residue.

I agree here. We've recently started using Comfort for our normal washing and I notice that in particular towels arent as absorbant... they are lovely and soft (so really nice to wrap yourself into) but dont seem to absorb water as well as before, its seems to 'sit' on the top - if you know what i mean

So I definitely wouldnt try it on nappies...! :(

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies