hf1

Drying nappies

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Drying nappies

Postby afterglow » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:21 pm

I don't have a tumble dryer and the vast majority of Blythe's nappies are pockets with microfibre inserts, which dry overnight on an airer in a warm room. I think we haveonly 4 bamboo or cotton fitteds with another on the way.I do have bamboo boosters, but more than I need so that there is always one dry for the night nappy. I think the key is to have a mixture, if you have a handful of quick drying nappies you can always guarantee that something will be dry for the morning.

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:26 am

I've got some 'emergency' microfibre inserts so I can stuff Fluffles with those if nothing else will dry as Fluffles dry amazingly quickly :D

Have you tried putting an airer in your kitchen as kitchens get hot from cooking which is handy if it's miserable outside but still too warm to put the heating on. If all else fails a quick tumble every now and then won't hurt or else use it as an excuse to buy more nappies :giggle:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 am

This is why I have so many nappies :giggle: :wink: I think you need to buy lots more and then you will never run out :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:08 am

Annette wrote:This is why I have so many nappies :giggle: :wink: I think you need to buy lots more and then you will never run out :giggle:

WSS. :giggle: We don't have a tumble drier either so that's why I need so many :giggle:

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:10 am

JabberJabber wrote:Excellent, thanks for all the help.

I think I will buy an airer thing to go on the radiator in Oliver's room for the bamboo ones when the heating is on in winter.

I'm just going to have to plan carefully when I buy more nappies to ensure a range of fabrics...

Kate x

We've got two radiator things my mum got us from tescos in sebs room and a ceiling airer downstairs over the fire.

On the most miserabalist rainest week last year I just washed nappies myself and dropped all our other washing (nearly 2 weeks :-? :oops: ) at the launderette before nine and it was all clean and dry and back to us by 5...such a relief! :giggle:

I've always thought if i got really desperate I'd either iron them or use the driers at the launderette but never have as yet.

Whats meant we've never run out is having pockets with twice as many inserts because the pockets dry in a day indoors whatever and it doesn't matter if the inserts aren't dry if you have lots.

I have avoided bamboo like the plague :lol: although we do now have some ittis but the snap ins are taking two days...I've only got them cos dh like them :)

My avatar
lisa0476
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby lisa0476 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:05 am

Annette wrote:This is why I have so many nappies :giggle: :wink: I think you need to buy lots more and then you will never run out :giggle:

wss i do however tumble all mine but still need to many nappies :giggle: my motto is to many nappies to little time lol

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies