hf1

HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

My avatar
lisa0476
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

Postby lisa0476 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:22 am

ok ok ok so i have stripped my nappies usig a full dose and rinse rinse rinse etc and there are no bubbles (did this last month) I also now rince every nappy in cold water before popping it in the bucket however some of my nappies are still not fresh also another question is it possible to actually make them smell nice????? abv clothes smell nice the more powder and cond you put in but what about nappies????? as you can only use (is it a teaspoon of powder??) and no conditioner????!!!! :-? :-? also I washed my nappies yesterday then put them in the dryer and put a bedding wash on with cond etc only to realise at the end of bedding wash one of my itti inserts was left in the machine and is now very very soft and smelling beautifully with conditioner etc :cry: how do i get the conditioner out will it make a difference just this once?????

all i want is nice smelling nappies, i hate opening the nappy box and getting a non fresh smell before they are even worn

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:30 am

Try Bold 2 in 1 ( :giggle: Ive recommended it so many times today I should be on commission :giggle: )

Instead of rinsing each nappy in cold water before popping it into the bucket, just rinse them all in the washing machine before putting them on a full wash, with 1/4 amount usual powder, then an extra rinse at the end.

The conditioner in the Bold is clay based so doesnt coat your nappies like the rest of them, so lots of us on here use/have used it.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:44 am

I put a dash of vinegar and a few drops of essential oils (I use lavender - 6 drops and tea tree 4 drops). This does help them smell nice but is all natural and doesn't effect the nappies. Overuse of lots of vinegar can effect elastic but a dash in a whole load won't! You could experiment with other oils (just check they are suitable for baby skin). The vinegar also acts as a neutralizer for the urine so should remove any lingering odours even without the oils.

HTHs :D

My avatar
lisa0476
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

Postby lisa0476 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:45 am

i use bold already lol and i also rinse before the main wash as well as rinsing by hand before putting in bucket i only use max 2 teaspoons of bold and then end with an extra rinse so i am doing everything right but why are my nappies still not fresh????
also the itti insert was left washed with the bedding with bold and extra fabric conditioner added :oops:

eviesmummy wrote:Try Bold 2 in 1 ( :giggle: Ive recommended it so many times today I should be on commission :giggle: )

Instead of rinsing each nappy in cold water before popping it into the bucket, just rinse them all in the washing machine before putting them on a full wash, with 1/4 amount usual powder, then an extra rinse at the end.

The conditioner in the Bold is clay based so doesnt coat your nappies like the rest of them, so lots of us on here use/have used it.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:48 am

lisa0476 wrote:also the itti insert was left washed with the bedding with bold and extra fabric conditioner added :oops:

Just give it a rinse by hand and hang it to dry - I'm sure jsut once won't kill it!

Try the vinegar and oil - I had really stinky nappies when Louis started teething and in the nearly 3 years since have only needed to do a handful of strip washes.

My avatar
lisa0476
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

Postby lisa0476 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:49 am

clothmama wrote:I put a dash of vinegar and a few drops of essential oils (I use lavender - 6 drops and tea tree 4 drops). This does help them smell nice but is all natural and doesn't effect the nappies. Overuse of lots of vinegar can effect elastic but a dash in a whole load won't! You could experiment with other oils (just check they are suitable for baby skin). The vinegar also acts as a neutralizer for the urine so should remove any lingering odours even without the oils.

HTHs :D


thanx for that..... is it white vinegar i need??? not chip shop vinegar :giggle: also where do i put the vinigar and oils in the drawer?? with the powder or the conditioner compartment?? i also heard you should not use lavender with boys as it does strange things to their hormones..... is that just rubbish?????

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:52 am

You put it in the conditioner compartment but only on the final rinse. I think in the quantities that we are talking in a rinse of a whole tub of washing any adverse effects would not be a problem! Yes white vinegar (not chip shop or pickeling!!) :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
lisa0476
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

Postby lisa0476 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:55 am

clothmama wrote:You put it in the conditioner compartment but only on the final rinse. I think in the quantities that we are talking in a rinse of a whole tub of washing any adverse effects would not be a problem! Yes white vinegar (not chip shop or pickeling!!) :giggle: :giggle:


:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: ok so talk to me like a thivko so i understand lol :giggle: when you say final rinse do you mean i cant just put it in before starting the wash?? do i have to time it right to wait for end rise before adding it?? my machine has a button for that extra rinse i do so i just put my machine on and go........... please explain in easy terms lmao im still fairly new to all this

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:08 am

Ahhhh sorry :giggle: :giggle: now see my machine is just a bog standard thing so I have to pysically go back to put on an extra rinse so I add it then! Just add it at the beginning and if you think it isn't working maybe do a normal load then when it is stopped do the vinegar and pop it on a rinse cycle separately! so to confuse you - hope that helps! :D Please say if not clear - I remember how confusing it all is in the beginning! :roll: :giggle:

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies