hf1

How noisy are washer balls?

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

How noisy are washer balls?

Postby ramsons » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:05 pm

I was thinking about getting some washer balls (NOT ecoballs) the dolly washer balls like this http://www.lakeland.co.uk/F/product/21371

Does anyone use them? I've seen some comments elsewhere saying not to use them at night as they make the wash a bit noisy. But I wondered how noisy?? My washer is in my kitchen and I wondered if they would be too noisy to use in the day if I was spending most of the day in the kitchen too. Although ds would probably drown them out :wink: I would want to be able to be in the same room without going totally doolally and deaf :giggle:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: How noisy are washer balls?

Postby Amanda » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:08 pm

No experience of them but I'll keep an eye on this thread, they look interesting! I read the comment on the link about them being a bit noisy at night but I suppose everything is relative - that person may have a modern near-silent machine and so notices them thumping around a bit in a quiet house at night. Whereas my machine is as old as the ark and is so noisy already that I doubt I'd notice a bit of extra noise!

Sorry, been no help, hopefully someone more useful will come along soon. If you do buy them don't forget to let us know how you get on.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:37 am

we use these, if the nappy wash is too full i dont use them for fear of them damaging the nappies, they seem to make things come out drier and softer, im also not sure if they push little things i.e. tiny socks, mittens, colour catcher into the seal of the machine where they get stuck and break the machine, although all this comes down to our machine being old and naf so probably the balls are fine

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:09 am

i have some similr and they are noisy so i dont use them at night

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:04 am

littlesez wrote:i have some similr and they are noisy so i dont use them at night

WSS :wink:

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:43 pm

My tumble drier beeps inpatiently when it has finished drying until someone opens the door or turns it off so I don't turn it on over night. I have the jml drier balls as I got them for about a third the usual price on a Tescos mark down shelf.

Felt drier balls would be quieter for use at night time, Shadow/ladybird makes them

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Edit I thought you meant drier balls :oops: - Our drier balls are a little noisy but honestly but much I don't think - but our tumble drier is quite noisy anyway I think...

My avatar
Mrs K
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Mrs K » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:20 pm

I own them, they smashed the lifters(?) inside my washing machine twice before I made the connection. When the lifters smashed it left a sharp edge which then tore my washing :evil:

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:52 pm

I have eco balls and fid that they clunk a bit if there isn't quite a full load in. I haven't tried the other balls but my mum has magno balls which are essentially the same shape and all that and they are a little noisy, you probably wouldn't want them on at night!

Next

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies