hf1

Stain removal

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Stain removal

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:39 pm

Ok so Austin is almost 12 weeks and exclusively :bf: so we still have that lovely bright orange poo to deal with but it's starting to stain the nappies :cry: sometimes it comes out, sometimes it doesn't and the sun isn't being all that helpful atm either! Does anyone know if i could do a wash with vanish? If not any other advice for getting them out? I'm currently using 2teaspoons of Bold 2in1 and 1and 1/2 teaspoons of mothercare smart nappy soak.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Re: Stain removal

Postby Allie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Could you maybe use fleece liners to save the nappies from staining a bit? The only thing i've ever used for stains is sunshine :-?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:28 pm

i use the sun too, although i do use liners, flushable ones cos hes not good with fleece.
i have used stain remover before though and its been fine, i tend to wash really yucky ones straight away

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:37 pm

I use the Mothercare stuff too and the stains usually come out with that and a 50 degree wash. I do use Persil non-bio too, which IMO is the best :) I think liners really help too, I started with disposable ones, but now we're using fleece.

Wish I could use the sun more though, because I do think it's magic :wink:

My avatar
rachie77
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rachie77 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:34 pm

My eldest had a very bad constipation problem and her poo was always explosive (tots bots always held this in though!) I have never been able to get the stains out even with sun. I'd be interested in anyone who might have some tips on getting the stains out.

I never got on with fleece liners though there must be another way?

I always thought vanish was a bit harsh for nappies but worth a try I suspose!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:35 pm

I might try a tiny bit of vanish in my next wash then and see what happens otherwise pray for sunshine people :hohoho: I might buy a big piece of minky next time I'm on the market and make some liners out of that, I always think fleece liners feel a bit horrid (which sounds daft even to me when you consider I put him straight into a pocket which is fleece :oops: :giggle: )

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:19 pm

I've used Vanish (well tesco's own version) a couple of times when I've had some particularly grim nappies. I just use half a scoop and have had no problems with it.

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:59 pm

I would say sunshine, but it's rarer than rocking horse poop at the mo isn't it!! :(

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies