hf1

Is it true about fairy no-bio?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Is it true about fairy no-bio?

Postby evansmummy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:51 am

:hohoho: what you learn, i wouldnt of thought i could use 2in1....i may give that a go then, none of mine have sensitive skin, just thought if it wasnt non-bio it would affect the nappies, glad to hear otherwise :mrgreen:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:07 am

I don't know what's wrong with my machine, or if it's the way I wash, my my clothes never come up clean clean. They always have some kind of stain on and my whites always go grey :( Think I need to do a maintanance wash or something? I normally do a 95 wash with nothing in the drum, just some bio powder to kill smalls every few weeks. But I dont know. My whites are grey and I'm sick of it :(
ETA: I've used Persil, Fairy and lately tesco's own non-bio for washes with little difference in the whites. Just bought bold 2-in-1 so hoping that might make a difference? But my minkee wrap still looks a bit off :-?

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:09 am

Velvetsteph wrote:
zodoz wrote:I use fairy non-bio as both boys have eczema and it seems better than other non-bio for them

myself and my older child have eczema and I found we get LESS problems using bio...

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Which product with bio do you use? I would be willing to try bio but would feel safer knowing other people with eczema have tried it before.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:31 pm

zodoz wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:
zodoz wrote:I use fairy non-bio as both boys have eczema and it seems better than other non-bio for them

myself and my older child have eczema and I found we get LESS problems using bio...

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Which product with bio do you use? I would be willing to try bio but would feel safer knowing other people with eczema have tried it before.

Both Ariel and Bold 2in1
(if I use softner - i.e. using Ariel on clothes I use comfort pure but not on nappies)

I find the most important thing is to always do a FULL wash cycle and never do a quick wash - and always use the 'extra rinse' button on my machine...

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:43 pm

My son and I get eczema too and we haven't had any problems with Bold 2 in 1. I agree with Steph though I use the extra rinse option on all my washes to reduce the amount of detergent residue left on the clothes.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:20 pm

With nappies ive been doing a quick rinse first then a wash on 40, is that right? Or does it need to be hotter? :oops:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:22 pm

evansmummy wrote:With nappies ive been doing a quick rinse first then a wash on 40, is that right? Or does it need to be hotter? :oops:

40 degrees is fine, you only really need to do it hotter if they have a bug or they are reeeeeeeallly dirty

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Phew :giggle: Was worried i was doing something wrong then :babyroll:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Will try a bio at next shop. I don't think we have a extra rinse at the end just a prewash. Will have to check.

PreviousNext

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies