hf1

Where do you keep yours?

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Where do you keep yours?

Postby becsom » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:40 am

I have one in the bathroom and one in the girls room, next to the change table.

Nell seems to have a very unhealthy obsession with what is in the buckets so I usually put the bathroom one in the shower cubicle when we are doing bathtime/if I go to the loo, and I just have to keep an eye on her in the bedroom :roll: .

Lots of "No, Nelly - don't touch, it's dirty!" which she pays no attention to all. I once left her in the bathroom after taking a dirty nappy off and cleaning her to go and fetch a clean nappy from the bedroom. I came back to find her with both her hands in the dirty nappy, covered in poo and some in her mouth too :puke: :puke:.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:02 am

We don't have much of a problem with the buckets - occasionally Ben will take off the lid and swap it with the same lid from the neighbouring bucket. All three are stored under the overhang of his changing table in his bedroom - we wash when we have 2 very full buckets and the third is the overflow one for lazy occasions. The emergency 4th is kept empty in the bathroom and is normally used for lanolising.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Ours is in the bathroom, it's a swing top bin and Finn is showing more interest in it than Connor did, although not all that often really. He knows it's dirty and seems to forget about it mostly, but then when he spots it he does play with it for a bit as he likes to hear me say 'dirty' so he can repeat it :roll:

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:46 pm

I have a couple of large waterproof nappy sacks in Conans room,we have a bag hanging from a hook on the wall (we have an old farmhouse with lots of beams) and when its fullish i take it downstairs to the bucket which is in the utility room where no one goes ( its where i hide if i want abit of peace) :giggle:

My avatar
Allie73
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Allie73 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:12 am

My bin lives just outside the back door. I put it out there temporarily when we had visitors and it has stayed there ever since.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:41 am

We keep ours in the utility room, Gracie does put things n it though, clothes, cups, dummies :roll: Couldn't bare the thought of it being in her bedroom :puke:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:45 am

By the washing machine in the washing 'room' (it JUST fits the bucket and the washing machine in)

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:39 pm

Findlay's nappy bin is in his bedroom next to his changing mat. Thereagain I hand wash pooey nappies in the bathroom to get as much poo off and out of the nappy as is humanly possible before I put them in the nappy bin (I hate the thought of yucky runny poo going into the washing machine) and I usually wash every other day so it doesn't really smell.

Previous

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies